Average Number Of Dives...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

82 in a year sounds good to me. I've done 81 over 4 years

Agreed, but in a sport that encourages the logging of dives, it's hard not to be curious!

Like I said, there are a lot of variables involved, I am lucky at the moment, living only 2 and a half hours drive away from the Red Sea, little to no other time commitments on the weekends, and with relatively low cost diving available. 12 months from now, I'll be living back in the UK, will be interesting to see how that effects my numbers!

I live and dive in the UK all year long. I've been averaging about 110-120 dives a year for the past 5 years (with maybe a total of 20 out of the UK). Not as many in the sea as I would like, but this is the UK. We have wind.

I isn't just the number of dives, it is fun to track numbers but I enjoy tracking bottom hours more. In the end it is all about enjoying the dives you do. Having ready access to dive sites can have a positive and negative impact on dive numbers. If you know conditions are not good and you can dive the site pretty well any weekend sometimes warm bed wins over cold ocean. I find that is the case for me when the cold water arrives.

85 in first year is excellent. I did 85 last year, but this was the worst effort in the 28 years I have been diving, I normally average almost 140 per year. Most people over estimate the number they do, the only accurate way is to keep a proper logbook.

Keep up the diving!

ONLY 250?? actually, i can see how the number would soon creep up! I know Florida is a big place, but where is good to dive thats not too far from the Disney area? Planning a family holiday, and been granted a day for diving!

lots of options from Disney from the springs (Florida Scuba Diving and Cave Diving) or the ocean. As i'm on the coast, the ocean is my thing. A lot of members in our dive club around Orlando make the trek down my way for diving. It would be about a 90minute to 2 hour drive from Orlando area. But the diving is worth it if you like sharks, turtles, or goliath grouper. Our dive club has arrangements with a number of shops and operators. we'll be happy to hook you up if you're interested. feel free to PM me.

18,203 minutes.

Got bored one winter and set up a spread sheet summary of my logbook. Actually refer to it more than my log book.

I only managed 8 dives last year (only qualified at the end of August) and did a weekend shortly after with another 4 on it to make up the total.

This year I am hoping to be nearer 50-100 dives (a weekend course coming up so 5 dives) plus a liveaboard booked (21 dives on 5 days at sea) so with other weekends added in I should manage 50+ fairly easily.

This may (or may not depending on circumstances and time) include rescue. I am not rushing to do it - I will do it when I feel comfortable and confident enough in my diving.

I started off quite slowly as well--20-30 dives each year, first two/three years or so. Gradually up from there to the present 75 or so.

82 dive in a year is a great number and your off to a great start...if i get 50 dives a year i call it a milestone.

I live and dive in the UK all year long. I've been averaging about 110-120 dives a year for the past 5 years (with maybe a total of 20 out of the UK). Not as many in the sea as I would like, but this is the UK. We have wind.

Do you tend to use Vobster when you're blown out? I'm in London, and I don't really find Wraysbury an attractive alternative to the sea.

I got 90 dives last year, with 80 in the UK and 10 in Bali.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom