Average Number Of Dives...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you tend to use Vobster when you're blown out? I'm in London, and I don't really find Wraysbury an attractive alternative to the sea.

I got 90 dives last year, with 80 in the UK and 10 in Bali.

Yes, Vobster is my muddy puddle of choice. When I lived in London, I used to go to Wraysbury quite a bit before drove. There is really no alternative to the sea, but Vobster has a good vibe.

I do use Wraysbury etc. on occasion - it's good to test new kit in a controlled environment, say. Vobster is probably my favourite of the quarries - we have a club trip there pretty soon.

lots of options from Disney from the springs (Florida Scuba Diving and Cave Diving) or the ocean. As i'm on the coast, the ocean is my thing. A lot of members in our dive club around Orlando make the trek down my way for diving. It would be about a 90minute to 2 hour drive from Orlando area. But the diving is worth it if you like sharks, turtles, or goliath grouper. Our dive club has arrangements with a number of shops and operators. we'll be happy to hook you up if you're interested. feel free to PM me.

Sounds good, I still havent seen a shark, my mates saw one Friday, guess who didn't go diving on Friday! I may well give you a PM at some point, although won't be till either summer 17 or 18!

Thanks everyone else for the input, it really is down to so many variables!

18,203 minutes.

Got bored one winter and set up a spread sheet summary of my logbook. Actually refer to it more than my log book.

I use divelogs.de and they give me all stats I can handle which is fab! I'm on 2 days, 16 hours, 11 minutes and 20 seconds lol!

12.51 days. I was too lazy to get it in terms of days, hours, minutes.
Amazing. My total is 12.25 days.

Had to laugh at this question. If I had answered this question in 2005 the answer would have been that I averaged .75 (yes, point 75) dives over 8 years - 4 in 1998 and 2 in 2005. Still low as I dive on trips a couple of times a year, but at least I'm in whole numbers.

thanks for all the responses, I am definitely hooked to this magnificent sport, and hate my week long surface intervals! I am certainly going to have to embrace cold water when I move back home! Hmmm, wonder if a career change might be in order at some point lol...

I got certified last year not too long after my daughter was born. Needless to say I didn't get to dive too much last year. Looking to average 2 dives a week this summer-fall. Should help that I have my own boat now so I should be able to dive the Indra most weekends that it's calm.

I would really like for my wife to get certified. Not trying to push her into it, but I really think she would love it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom