Average Number Of Dives...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amazing. My total is 12.25 days.

Interesting. You probably have at least 100 dives more than me. I am low 400s. However, my shortest dives have all been when taking classes or assisting with classes. Most of my dives are for fun and they typically run close to an hour for total time.

Yeah right. I figured most of my shore dives (which are most of all my dives) are from 20-45 minutes, with the average a little over 30. This of course depends on depth and water temp. If it's 40F or less my dive is lucky to exceed 20 minutes diving wet-- in May/June. Same water temp. in Dec./Jan. means probably even less than 20 mins. Though usually the water temp. in Dec. is a fair bit warmer than May, even June in NS.

If it's 40F or less my dive is lucky to exceed 20 minutes diving wet-- in May/June. Same water temp. in Dec./Jan. means probably even less than 20 mins.
thats 4 degrees c ..........my coldest dive is 24 degrees c, and I found that chilly!!

Yeh temp makes a big difference. I have 4 shore dives near Vancouver. Water temp was 48. Dives were wet and 40-45 minutes long. But then I was wearing a rented 10-14 wetsuit. :) Have a couple dives wet at 42 and they were shorter. I don't do below low 40s wet.

Don't rush her into it, you would think it would up your numbers but it doesn't. Unless you have a handy baby sitter around. I certified with my wife when my son was 2 and then we needed to find a sitter every time we wanted to dive because we never wanted to go without the other.

Plus everything is 2x as expensive.

Ben

I got certified last year not too long after my daughter was born. Needless to say I didn't get to dive too much last year. Looking to average 2 dives a week this summer-fall. Should help that I have my own boat now so I should be able to dive the Indra most weekends that it's calm.

I would really like for my wife to get certified. Not trying to push her into it, but I really think she would love it.

I'd kill for 82 dives a year, well not literally, but with about 6 month of ice free diving and other hobbies that my son can participate in, I'm likely around 30 a year. 2016 is looking good, with a winter trip to Maui ( with the in-laws for baby sitting) and a early ice off by the looks of things, and a fall trip I might hit a high water mark 35 dives this year.

Man I deed to live close to warmer water so my son can dive locally in a few months when he is 10.

Ben

Don't rush her into it, you would think it would up your numbers but it doesn't. Unless you have a handy baby sitter around. I certified with my wife when my son was 2 and then we needed to find a sitter every time we wanted to dive because we never wanted to go without the other.

Plus everything is 2x as expensive.

Ben

Oh I know not to rush her into it. Plus my wife is the type of woman who isn't going to do something unless she absolutely wants to. Finding a sitter isn't too hard for us. My parents live 30 minutes away and are always looking for more time with their granddaughter.

Now the expense thing might get me. If she gets into it, she'll see how expensive it can be. My biggest fear is I might die one day and she'll sell my scuba gear for the price of what I told her I paid for it....lol

Man I deed to live close to warmer water so my son can dive locally in a few months when he is 10.

Ben

we have a bunch of transplanted Canadians here (Vero , Florida Beach) for exactly that reason! And i think the #1 non-US visitor group in my town this year has been Canadians.

thats 4 degrees c ..........my coldest dive is 24 degrees c, and I found that chilly!!
As the saying goes, there is no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes.

Same goes for diving - wear the right stuff and you can dive anywhere. My only dives have all been about 13 deg C and I never once found it cold.

As the saying goes, there is no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes.

Same goes for diving - wear the right stuff and you can dive anywhere. My only dives have all been about 13 deg C and I never once found it cold.
13C is tropical :p

Back
Top Bottom