Average Number Of Dives...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

82 dives in one year is a huge feat!! Congrats! I got certified in 2001 and then did my 100th dive during my PADI Instructor course in 2009!
Thanks, I took my AOW at around dive 65, only because the dive site i use most said I had to get AOW to carry on doing night dives!

82 dives in one year is a huge feat!! Congrats! I got certified in 2001 and then did my 100th dive during my PADI Instructor course in 2009!

Well, if your dive profile is accurate, you've certainly made up for lost time ... looks like you're logging over 400 dives per year since then.

I've been diving since 2001, and have about 3800 dives ... which is averaging a bit over 250 per year. That's mostly in Puget Sound, but with a bunch of trips sprinkled in over various parts of the world. I'm lucky enough to live within easy driving distance of pretty good shore diving ... as long as you don't mind the cold water (which I don't). So I can go diving pretty much whenever I want to ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Well, if your dive profile is accurate, you've certainly made up for lost time ... looks like you're logging over 400 dives per year since then.

I've been diving since 2001, and have about 3800 dives ... which is averaging a bit over 250 per year. That's mostly in Puget Sound, but with a bunch of trips sprinkled in over various parts of the world. I'm lucky enough to live within easy driving distance of pretty good shore diving ... as long as you don't mind the cold water (which I don't). So I can go diving pretty much whenever I want to ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
2001 - 2009 I was diving as a tourist and then ever since 2009 I've been working as an instructor in the industry. My first job I worked at an all-inclusive resort so we were diving 4 times a day 6 days a week a lot of the time! And I've also done a year working on the scuba liveaboard The Aqua Cat and another year on the scuba liveaboard The Turks & Caicos Explorer II, so again, I loaded up on lots of nitrox that way :wink: What can I say? I'm a bit of a fanatic with diving!!

Although, I did spend one of those years working on Vancouver Island just running a marina at a resort, so not diving as much. I did learn dry suit diving and totally fell in love with the diving culture out there. I'd put west coast diving in my top 10 diving locations in the world for sure!

I'm lucky enough to live within easy driving distance of pretty good shore diving ... as long as you don't mind the cold water (which I don't). So I can go diving pretty much whenever I want to ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
I have yet to brave cold water, I know I will have too soon, and there is a lot of diving around the world that is in cold water that I am itching to try! Maybe I should book that drysuit course I keep putting off.....

2001 - 2009 I was diving as a tourist and then ever since 2009 I've been working as an instructor in the industry. My first job I worked at an all-inclusive resort so we were diving 4 times a day 6 days a week a lot of the time! And I've also done a year working on the scuba liveaboard The Aqua Cat and another year on the scuba liveaboard The Turks & Caicos Explorer II, so again, I loaded up on lots of nitrox that way :wink: What can I say? I'm a bit of a fanatic with diving!!

Although, I did spend one of those years working on Vancouver Island just running a marina at a resort, so not diving as much. I did learn dry suit diving and totally fell in love with the diving culture out there. I'd put west coast diving in my top 10 diving locations in the world for sure!

There's a lot of great diving to be had on Vancouver Island ... and several excellent resorts to do it from ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

ONLY 250?? actually, i can see how the number would soon creep up! I know Florida is a big place, but where is good to dive thats not too far from the Disney area? Planning a family holiday, and been granted a day for diving!

Depends what you want to do and how much driving you want to do. There is everything from easy (rainbow river0 to drift diving in the Jupiter to west palm area to diving in the Keys (Key Largo is the first). There is some diving on the gulf coast but not as good as on the atlantic coast.

Back
Top Bottom