average number of dives a year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rebelrph

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
When I was signing releases, etc. for my dives over Thanksgiving the DM wanted to look at my log book and Cert. card.
He commented that I had done alot of dives in a short period of time which surprised me.

I had done 72 dives in 4 years. He said the average diver does 4 dives a year.

I guess I don't know any average divers because 4 a year seems REALLY low.

What do y'all say?

How may dives do you do a year?

thanks, Todd

That doesn't seem like too much in a short period of time. There are some people on this board that dive every weekend doing a couple hundred dives a year. I'm not one of them. I guess I do about 30 dives a year right now, but I'm just doing rec diving, and I don't have a drysuit so I'm kinda outta commission when the water gets really cold.

Thomas

The more buddies I meet, and the more serious I get, the more I get out. This year was 77, and with a drysuit coming I'm hoping I can hit 100 next year.

up here in the frozen north, we have a short season, but I still managed 50 dives this year.
at 4 dives a year, I can't see it being worth it!
but, as was mentioned earlier, I'm gone every weekend, all weekend!
:bonk:

rebelrph once bubbled...
When I was signing releases, etc. for my dives over Thanksgiving the DM wanted to look at my log book and Cert. card.
He commented that I had done alot of dives in a short period of time which surprised me.

I had done 72 dives in 4 years. He said the average diver does 4 dives a year.

I guess I don't know any average divers because 4 a year seems REALLY low.

What do y'all say?

How may dives do you do a year?

thanks, Todd

60-70 per year on average.

canuckdiver once bubbled...
up here in the frozen north, we have a short season, but I still managed 50 dives this year.
at 4 dives a year, I can't see it being worth it!
but, as was mentioned earlier, I'm gone every weekend, all weekend!
:bonk:
Dude, you can double your dive production by hitting a warm weather destination or two a year. Coming from slightly south and slightly less frozen mid-north region of Michigan, it's the only way we stay sane down here. You own it to yourself!

Usually average about 100 dives per year, roughly 30 or 40 of which are done someplace warm:mean:

20-25 per year is about what I average. Warm saltwater water only.

I average about 100 - 150 dives a year mostly in the PA/NJ area, and it's still not enough. This year I may exceed the 150 mark. Yes, I'm one of those that must dive every weekend all year around. :)

Stacey

I do about 200 per year including teaching dives. My own fun dives are becomming fewer because I travel further and the dives are longer and deeper. Lately every weekend I'm not teaching I go to Missouri to dive Roubidoux spring. I drive all day Saturday get some sleep and do a 90 - 120 minute dive Sunday and drive home. A closer shallower site would yield 4 - 6 dives while this yields one two at the most.

Even when we go to Florida I enjoy one or two really good dives per day to a bunch of short ones. The hey with the numbers I want good dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom