Avalon Harbor Cleanup Feb 23 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, let's see if you can guess what the surprise is from this picture I took this afternoon.

First one to post here with the right answer is...

Been a while since I have been to the park, but it looks like they painted and fixed the handrails (at least since I have been there).

I was hoping for a water slide... :wink:

The rocks were moved, its great now!
It should help with the new divers during low tides.
For the cleanup the stairs are not used but it will be nice for the post cleanup dives!

Nice out there today - 56 at depth!

Glad you and your lovely bride had a good day at the park, Dave. We got hit with major current at Long Point on our first dive. A few divers had problems with that.

Re: the Cleanup, I'll be there at Green Pier, helping check you all in. The more, the merrier!

FYI--- the Long Beach terminals (downtown and Queen Mary) are closed until March, so anyone going to the island has to go via Dana Point or San Pedro....
They're dredging the channel in LB... so they're doing the Long Beach hours at San Pedro now..
Oh and when the LB terminal re-opens in March, parking is now $14/day. :shakehead:

FYI--- the Long Beach terminals (downtown and Queen Mary) are closed until March, so anyone going to the island has to go via Dana Point or San Pedro....
They're dredging the channel in LB... so they're doing the Long Beach hours at San Pedro now..
Oh and when the LB terminal re-opens in March, parking is now $14/day. :shakehead:

well somebody just had to come along and spoil all the fun! thanks for the good info though as I am thinking about heading over in the near future. the old rate was 12/day right?

Boy are we pricing ourselves out of the market... $14/day parking, $60+ RT on the Express, a small fortune for a hotel. If I didn't already live here, I couldn't afford to dive the island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom