Avalon Harbor Cleanup Feb 23 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They will eventually get all tangled up in the kelp, then eventually get washed up on the beach. The rubber balloons break down fairly quickly, but the ribbon lasts a long time. I hate when they release them at different celebrations. It is also amazing how much of them I see floating in the air when I am flying. I see them nearly daily.

Heck, I wish they'd release birds instead... as long as they were native birds! I've seen various fish and one cormorant pecking at the mylar balloons underwater. Filmed a few of those instances.

So now the event looms nearer.
I regestered myself, but my daughter has not completed her OW dives.
My buddy is still sitting on the fence. He says that it souds like fun, then he says that it could be the biggest collection of scuba-ninnies that he's ever seen.
I had thought that we would run across in our 17" Boston Whaler (having made the trip before with no problems), but we had fuel line issues last time out. I have not made provisions for the ferry from San Pedro, and the Dana Point ferry is an hour too late.

Did I leave the details too late??? Nannymouse

Not necessarily. Call the Express and see what's available that morning. The cancellation policy should be posted on the website somewhere...

So now the event looms nearer.
I regestered myself, but my daughter has not completed her OW dives.
My buddy is still sitting on the fence. He says that it souds like fun, then he says that it could be the biggest collection of scuba-ninnies that he's ever seen.
I had thought that we would run across in our 17" Boston Whaler (having made the trip before with no problems), but we had fuel line issues last time out. I have not made provisions for the ferry from San Pedro, and the Dana Point ferry is an hour too late.

Did I leave the details too late??? Nannymouse

The organizers are snail-mailing info out on Wednesday - in that they will be including a coupon for the ferry cost!! And as the Long Beach and Queen Mary Catalina Express "ports" are closed (due to dredging), San Pedro is running more ferries I think. I would get on line ASAP when you receive your mail package and book your ferry package!!

The organizers are snail-mailing info out on Wednesday - in that they will be including a coupon for the ferry cost!! I would get on line ASAP when you receive your mail package and book your ferry package!!

So the coupon for the Catty Express is only good at the time of booking? Makes no sense because with basically only 1 boat running (san pedro), its gonna fill up before we get our packages in the mail with the coupon...
Reserved my seat last month...

This is my first time at this event. Are they going to be renting tanks and weights? Do we need to bring our own? If we bring our own, what about fills? Is Catalina Diver Supply out there every weekend?

Scott

Catalina Diver Supply will rent tanks and weights or provide fills. They are open all weekend.
I bring my own.

Back
Top Bottom