August 13th - Lake Rawlings, VA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mrs.Prages

Contributor
Reaction score
Well a couple of us from Wreckmaniac are getting together again at Rawlings this weekend. If anyone is interested feel free to jump in.

A couple of us will be camping. We will be getting in late Friday night, I think Ken will be in a little earlier on Friday, and then we will be diving all day on Saturday with a morniing dive on Sunday before heading out to go home.

Paula

I really hate to do this, but we may not be able to make it after all. We sent our regs to Scuba Toys a couple of weeks ago to have their annuals, and they aren't back yet.

I talked to them today, and they confirmed that they will definately not be here by this weekend. We are going to discuss the matter tonight and decide if we have enough money stashed away to rent a couple of regulators, but we both really don't like using rental gear. We'll see though.

I am a little disappointed about this. I don't usually have trouble with ScubaToys, so I don't know what to think. I know we haven't been getting the SB discount even when we ask about it, but this is the first real dissapointment we have had. I'll get over it though, cause they are still better than no shop at all and that is our only other real option.

I really want to go diving too. :(

Sorry to hear about the trouble Paula, and hate that ya'll can't dive. It's also sad to hear that about Scubatoys as much as we toot their horn around here, hehe.

For future service, since you're mailing to Scubatoys anyway, you can also send them to Gypsy Divers in Raleigh. Their service department is a seperate business inside the shop called Airtech Scuba Services, and all the folks that work there have been doing it for 10, 15 or 20 years or more.

The important thing is that you can pay for guaranteed turn-around time:

23 bucks for 14 days or...
28 bucks for 3 days and...
35 bucks for 24 hours

If I had the money to go this weekend I would sit out a few dives so you could borrow mine. Hope it works out somehow.

Kriterian:
Sorry to hear about the trouble Paula, and hate that ya'll can't dive. It's also sad to hear that about Scubatoys as much as we toot their horn around here, hehe.

For future service, since you're mailing to Scubatoys anyway, you can also send them to Gypsy Divers in Raleigh. Their service department is a seperate business inside the shop called Airtech Scuba Services, and all the folks that work there have been doing it for 10, 15 or 20 years or more.

The important thing is that you can pay for guaranteed turn-around time:

23 bucks for 14 days or...
28 bucks for 3 days and...
35 bucks for 24 hours

If I had the money to go this weekend I would sit out a few dives so you could borrow mine. Hope it works out somehow.
Paula,

I can vouch for AirTech, as can several others. They do a great job, good turnaround, stand behind theri service, first rate. Being the OC Planner that I am I usually drop them off when I don't need them anytime soon. Last time they told me 2 weeks turn around, I got a call 1 week later letting me know they were done. Can't beat that.

Linda

Mrs.Prages:
I really hate to do this, but we may not be able to make it after all... :(
Hey Paula, I wasn't able to get down there this weekend either. Sorry you couldn't go diving, but hope the regulators come back expeditiously and you guys can get wet the following weekend.

Take care,

Doc

Are any of you coming? I am going to be there Sat and Sun with a class and kind of busy but would love to say hello and put a face with the names if I could.

I will also throw in my vote of confidence for Air Tech. I know the guys well and they do all my reg work. Good service and really nice staff.

Hey guys,

Thanks for all of the good words. Well, it looks like Rawlings will be shy a few of wreck divers this weekend. Too bad. Henry I hop you have a good time. I'm sorry that we can't help you out with names to faces, but someday.

Everyone have a great weekend anyway.

Paula

Mrs.Prages:
Hey guys,

Thanks for all of the good words. Well, it looks like Rawlings will be shy a few of wreck divers this weekend. Too bad. Henry I hop you have a good time. I'm sorry that we can't help you out with names to faces, but someday.

Everyone have a great weekend anyway.

Paula

Henry :06: Ya talking to me? :)

Herman

Henry...Herman, Tomato, potato, Whats the difference. :D

Sorry!

Paula

Whats the difference...I like my taters fried and my maders sliced.....

I have certainly been called a lot worse, just could not resist the chance to poke a little fun at you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom