ATX or XTX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can PM me the person's info when you get a chance, I am in no rush.

I'm the guy. I have 2 TX40s and 4 DSTs lying around doing nothing. PM if interested. That goes for anyone.

The history of Apeks mingling with AquaLung and Zeagle (more than once IIRC) confuses most people. But thanks for the Beauchat connection. I didn't remember that one.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

Last edited:
ams511, can't seem to download any of the files and the dropbox link won't even open on my computer (only on cellphone)... ideas?

ams511, can't seem to download any of the files and the dropbox link won't even open on my computer (only on cellphone)... ideas?

Actually I don't. I was able to download some files using chrome from my windows PC. If you can download the file but not open it, it could be that flash is not installed in your computer. The link opens in mine. I tested it after posting.

Thanks for trying... I'm on my way to another continent now, I'll try through their IP address hehe maybe UAE has restrictions on Dropbox I fm didn't know about :wink: I used my phone and chrome on a Mac in Dubai

---------- Post added August 31st, 2015 at 06:17 AM ----------

Thanks for trying... I'm on my way to another continent now, I'll try through their IP address hehe maybe UAE has restrictions on Dropbox I fm didn't know about :wink: I used my phone and chrome on a Mac in Dubai

Hello guys! I went for the ATX40s with DS4 at the moment :) can't wait to get my hands on them! And ams511 I got that Dropbox to work :wink: thanks

Hello guys!!!

I'm like a little kid at the best Christmas he's ever had but I've had the best birthday period (I like to treat myself the whole month when I can afford it hehe)!! I had just received my new ATX40s from 4th element diving in the UK! Sam is fab :) and I also lucked out and found an instructor who is leaving Dubai and sold me a set of DST/XTX50/Egress Octo. He'd also lost one fin that was the exact make, color and size like mine so he threw that in and also throwing in a BCD inflator hose!!!! And I've done the BCD test on the one I bought (Aqualung Pro LQ, was on a massive sale) and it's been inflated for a whole 3 days without losing any air! AND I just booked my last 2 dives to finish up my AOW (a deep and a deep wreck dive!!)...

SOOOO excited and ended up getting both the XTX and ATX for the price of one XTX50 set here in Dubai! I'm a happy camper! Hehe

I'm hoping I'll get to test both of them this dive! (I'm sending them both in tomorrow to get a full check before I use them at our LDS here since I'm too much of a newbie to trust myself with any sort of test). Yay!

Can't wait!!!

Anyway, just wanted to share and say I ended up with both and it won't be a waste since my partner can always use the other set anyway! Hehe I'm interested to see how the egress will work though. Never used one before!

I used to have the Sentinel(Apeks) as a deco reg for a while but hated it so much(wet breathing) that I changed it to T20.
I assume the Egress is an up-grade on Sentinel. But do try it in depth and see if you can tell the differences from the 50 otherwsie replace it with a 20(warm water diving only) or 40(cold water). Because someone will be using it in emergency.

Anyway, just wanted to share and say I ended up with both and it won't be a waste since my partner can always use the other set anyway! Hehe I'm interested to see how the egress will work though. Never used one before!

It is never a waste to have two sets. If something goes wrong with your main set you always have a back-up to go to and get you in the water. There is very little in the way of fixing a regulator that you can do on a rocking boat.

Hi Guys!

So, here's the thing. I ended up using my ATX40 set for both my dives today. They free flowed as soon I hit the water and I lost 20bar in a few seconds! I back rolled in at on at 220bar and after the instructor came to me and told me to hold it down (which didn't do much at first) and then he knocked it on the side a few times, it stopped! Lol I dunno what that means or if it's normal. They're brand spanking new btw, bought from an authorized dealer in the UK.

Another weird thing is that there is a sort of 'murmur' when I breathe in. I can't explain it other than that, a kind of low wheezing or murmur when you have a bronchitis or smth just it was coming from my regulator. The instructor said it was due to them being new and still 'dry' whatever that means.

They breathed well under water and nothing major happened but I can't help but feel maybe there's something amiss with them? Or am I being paranoid?

I did send them in for a full functionality test at the LDS here that is an authorized Apeks service center and they gave them back without any issues...

What do you guys think? I'd like to hear your views... Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom