Attitudes Toward DIR Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Holy phawk.

You just don’t get it do you? It’s exactly this hubris that so many of us can’t stand.

You can not possibly believe that your preferred organization has some kind of monopoly on excellence?

I am shocked that GUE doesn’t do more to thwart this shite. The VERY REAL benefit of GUE / DIR training is undone by these attitudes that allegedly died 25 years ago.

Let me be 100% clear, I’m not anti dir/gue , I’m anti whatever the above was.

SMDH
Do you see this sort of thing in real life, at the dive sites, on the dive boat?
I never do.
Where I’m from there are none, and even if there were they would be very far out of their element. All this crap is a figment of the internet. Internet diving message boards aren’t the real world of diving. Anybody can be anything they want to be on the internet.
Just let it go, it’s not worth it.
Let’s just call it a draw and dive and let dive.

Do you see this sort of thing in real life, at the dive sites, on the dive boat?
I never do.
Where I’m from there are none, and even if there were they would be very far out of their element. All this crap is a figment of the internet. Internet diving message boards aren’t the real world of diving. Anybody can be anything they want to be on the internet.
Just let it go, it’s not worth it.
Let’s just call it a draw and dive and let dive.
Exactly. It doesn’t ******* exist in the real world.

When the hyperbole is switched around everyone gets all big mad. Pretty funny.

Holy phawk.

You just don’t get it do you? It’s exactly this hubris that so many of us can’t stand.

What hubris. It’s true most people don’t want to put the time in to get to the level dir agencies require. It’s a lot of boring floating around on a platform doing skills or staring at a computer trying to hold a stop.

Boulderjohn even said he couldn’t sell the class because people didn’t want it.

You can not possibly believe that your preferred organization has some kind of monopoly on excellence?

I never said that you’re bring all of your own bias to my words.

They do appear to have a monopoly on QC though.

I am shocked that GUE doesn’t do more to thwart this shite. The VERY REAL benefit of GUE / DIR training is undone by these attitudes that allegedly died 25 years ago.

I was literally telling him to not preach. We’re doing the thing you asked us to do just going to be quiet in our own part of the pool.

I counted 0 GUE instructors in here. Can’t say the same for the other agencies.

Let me be 100% clear, I’m not anti dir/gue , I’m anti whatever the above was.

SMDH
Maybe open your mind and read the black and white.

Continous webbing and non-ditchable weight come to my mind. It make the live of the poor guy hauling your tank into the Zodiak so much easier if it is a couple of kilos lighter. And for your average rec diver it's far easier to get out of the BCD if there is a buckle to open.
When I took Fundies, I was specifically instructed in HAVING ditch-able weight, which was new to me.

Do you realize that by persisting in this thread with a defense of DIR that you might come off as a zealot? I'm sure you're a kind, patient, non-judgmental, reserved kind of DIR diver, as I'd like to believe I am, and others here like @steinbil probably are, but the more you persist with the defensive-sounding replies, the more you might bias others into believing you're not what you think you are. Just food for thought.
And yet here you are, the non-persistent unbiased passerby…

FB_IMG_1723001829695.jpg

Back
Top Bottom