Attatching my Terkel to BP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iscuba

Reaction score
I just purchased a Terkel cannister light and do not want to mount it on my bp webbing. I'd like to attach it to the bp itself. I tried using 3/16" quick links but they wont fit through the pre drilled holes in the cannister. I've also searched for small ss split d rings to hook to the cannister and then to the quick links.. I've had no luck. I'm down to using zip ties as a last resort.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

iscuba:
I just purchased a Terkel cannister light and do not want to mount it on my bp webbing. I'd like to attach it to the bp itself. I tried using 3/16" quick links but they wont fit through the pre drilled holes in the cannister. I've also searched for small ss split d rings to hook to the cannister and then to the quick links.. I've had no luck. I'm down to using zip ties as a last resort.

I've used some zip-ties attached to some bolt snaps on mine. Works great. I Just left enough of a loop to slip a knife tip in if you need to cut off the zip tie. Took a barbeque starter torch and melted the zip tie connector enough to fuse the loop closed.

Just use cave line, its a lot stronger than zip ties as easy to cut and there are plenty of resources to see how to attach cave line to a boltsnap.

iscuba:

Out of curiosity, what's wrong with the zip tie method? A pair of zip ties makes a mighty strong attachment.

Also, why don't you want to mount it on your harness?

I use weight pouches on my harness and don't want to take them off every time I need to take off the cannister.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom