Atomic's new snorkle...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
displayTopStory.aspx

I just got this off of Divenewswire

I think it's time that they came out with their own snorkle. Their masks and fins have a great reputation already, and I can't wait to try this one out! Has anyone gotten to try it yet?

We got one an SV1 at the shop in work for and had the chance to use it a few weeks ago in the pool. I will write a better review once i get back from San Carlos at the end of the month. First impressions...great snorkel (even though I hate using them). It is the easiest clearing snorkle I have ever owned. I flooded it over and over again and couldn't believe how easy it was. The internal tube kept the majority of the water out of the breathing tube so I wasn't breathing in water. Comfortable and easy to breathe with. As I said I will have another review towards the end of the month, but I can already tell it will be a good one.

Kevin

Thanks for the info. I just read about it from their website, looks great! I'm an anti-snorkel person, but if it works according to what they described, I'd like to try. Atomics have amazed me multiple times with their innovation ideas and quality. I'd like to see if they can do the same with snorkels.

$55.00 snorkel?

It looks nice, but $55.00 snorkel?

Maybe I am just not keeping up with inflation....

It is amazing. I have been using in the pool and open water. I love it.

$55.00 snorkel?

It looks nice, but $55.00 snorkel?

Maybe I am just not keeping up with inflation....

Yeah.... their innovation ideas always comes with the higher price tag... :wink:

...bought one last weekend at a LDS, but haven't had a chance to dive it yet.....I bought it because I haven't yet found a snorkel I'm totally happy with, and Atomic does have a strong reputation for innovation/quality/performance. ( I do already own a B1. )

Karl

If their snorkel is anything like the rest of their products, it will be top notch no doubt. But I haven't dove with a snorkel for years. It just wasn't a useful piece of equipment for me. My local dive shop carries Atomic's brand stuff so I'll check them out next time I'm in there.

BDSC

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom