Atomic subframe question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

willembad

Contributor
Reaction score
As far away from salt water as you can get in Flor
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all,

I'd like to hear from anyone that is familiar with this mask. Anyhing good or bad is welcome. I'm especially interested in durability.

It is time for a new mask and this one is high on the list of masks that fits me.

Thanks,

Willem

Hi Willem,
I can tell you that the SubFrame comes with a lifetime warranty on the frame because it is so durable. Most masks, if you twist them just a little you can hear that start to snap or wiggle. I can tell you honestly I watched my boss run his SUV over the frame to see if it would break, it didn't :) how's that for QC?
Besides the very durable frame you will also get the UltraClear high-quality optical lens and a very wide range of view both downward and sideways.
Cheers,
Darcy Benward
Atomic Aquatics

Hey Willembad

I have a custom Atomic mask on order - I wanted bifocals in mine. My wife got hers in today. So we will be diving these next week.

I know 2 folks who have them and they love them. One is a cave diver and he does some extreme diving

Cheers

-s

I have two, black and clear. Both have ~150 dives each; I got them when they first came out (when was that - spring of 2006?).

Anyway, except for a bit of the usual yellowing of the clear, they have held up superbly, actually the black looks pretty much new. No rips, tears, and most importantly, the fit is exactly the same, superb.

The much-balyhooed ultra clear glass is nice I suppose, but I honestly can't tell the difference in color rendetion. But I got the masks for different reasons - the fit and comfort.

All the best, James

They seem to fit just about everybody, including my usual buddy, my girlfriend, a couple visitors we've had and myself. Subsequently, the one I own is usually in my pocket as a backup and my regular buddy has bought one as his primary. We haven't had any issues in the year that we've been using them.

I purchased one from my LDS. I will be diving with it next Sat for my pool dives. I read the great reviews on it and also it fit my face really nice.

i've had one for over a year and love it ... and atomic does have great customer service if you ever have any problems

Hey Willembad

I have a custom Atomic mask on order - I wanted bifocals in mine. My wife got hers in today. So we will be diving these next week.

I know 2 folks who have them and they love them. One is a cave diver and he does some extreme diving

Cheers

-s

Where did you go for the perscription lenses?

Back
Top Bottom