Atomic Frameless in Washington?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vixtor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I wished for a long time to get an Atomic Frameless, but I have no shop in Romania selling Atomic products. Now, I have an opportunity (a friend is traveling to Washington, DC).

Can you please tell me a dive shop in Washington, DC that has Atomic Frameless masks available?

The full street address and/or web site would be great.

If the shop also has a Suunto SK-7 compass (or you can tell me another shop having it), you will make me very happy.

Thanks,
Victor

You can buy it online and have it sent to an address in Washington DC maybe?

Atomic Aquatics - Masks

Cheers.

-J.-

A physical store would be easier than online purchase. First - a delay would be unfortunate; second, the address would be a hotel, and third, there might be some complications with card payment.

Just a plain shop, where this guy can enter, ask for the item, pay with cash and take it would be perfect.

vixtor,

here are three dive shops in the area that are all 20-30 min outside of DC. i don't personally know of any shops located in DC. i haven't been to a dive shop in many months so i don't know if they carry the atomic frameless and the sk7 compass, but their contact info and address is on their website. good luck

Sea Ventures Dive Shop Home Page
The Dive Shop, Northern Virginia Scuba Training, Travel, Service & Equipment for the DC Metro Area
Splash Dive Center, Inc. — (Alexandria, Northern Virginia) Welcome

Hello,

I wished for a long time to get an Atomic Frameless, but I have no shop in Romania selling Atomic products. Now, I have an opportunity (a friend is traveling to Washington, DC).

Can you please tell me a dive shop in Washington, DC that has Atomic Frameless masks available?

The full street address and/or web site would be great.

If the shop also has a Suunto SK-7 compass (or you can tell me another shop having it), you will make me very happy.

Thanks,
Victor

You can order for delivery from Dive Inn (Scubastore, Spain) - I've checked and they'll deliver to Romania:

http://www.scubastore.com :D

Oops, just read your reply.

Well, er.. send 'em the cash.. maybe.. :wink:

Splash Dive Center was the good advice :) I am right now looking at my brand new Atomic Frameless Black, Standard size.

Although I haven't dived it yet, what I can say about it is:
- the silicon skirt seems similar to the Scubapro Frameless, in texture and thickness. Also similar with the Scubapro one, there are some moulding defects (which could be finished better, but as they are on the exterior, they don't matter). The fit on my face is similar (good, pleasant, no hard edges, no leaks)
- the angle of view is better than Scubapro, specially on the vertical.
- the head strip is thinner, it looks more fragile than the Scubapro one, but that can be replaced if needed.
- the Scubapro frameless had scratches from mounting the glass in the skirt; the Atomic glass is perfect, no scratches.

I think I will be happy with the mask; after all I can now choose between two great masks (Atomic and Scubapro frameless) to dive with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom