Framed or Frameless Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was looking around and found this thread. Thought I was pop in. Been diving for a couple years but never owned a mask. I've tried many rentals looking for one that was comfortable but to no avail.

The problem is that I have protruding brow (my kids call it the neandrathal brow). When I get to depth the mask frame presses against it and it's quite painful over time. Usually very sore after a dive. Anyway...i was on a dive last year while on a cruise and I mentioned it to another diver who used told me about frameless masks (don't remember which kind he had). He let me try it on and it was very comfortable.

When I got home I started looking around and settled on a Cressi F1. Hey, what can I say, I'm cheap. I've now had 10 dives with it and am very pleased. No pain, very comfortable, no leaks, no fogging. I'm a happy camper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom