Atomic Aquatics to Launch a new product (Regulator) on June 3rd....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doubt there will be a big difference between my Diverite and scubapro regs and this new atomic.

You have never tried a properly tuned D400, have you? At any rate, I am going to enjoy my TFX regulator when it arrives. I may even tell you about it and how it performs.

You have never tried a properly tuned D400, have you? At any rate, I am going to enjoy my TFX regulator when it arrives. I may even tell you about it and how it performs.

No, and I don’t need to.

WWPD?

1685814448351.png

"Finally! A reg! From Atomic! That looks like me!"

No, and I don’t need to.
Like that would be trustable information anyway.

So on the prestige idea. Seriously, when you are on a dive boat, do you care at all what other people are using? The only thing that stands out is a rebreather as those are rare. Or if someone pulls up in a Ferrari.....

So rebreather divers could have the following arrogant attidue:
open_circuit_is_for_peasants.jpg

And then rebreather divers with close circuit bailout could take it up a notch with:

open_circuit_bailout_is_for_peasants.jpg

But why stop there? Let's take it up another notch with:

scuba_is_for_peasants.jpg

Or we can forget about this prestige nonsense, spend money intelligently. 2 of these is almost half a rebreather. Let's spend our money on dive trips instead as no one, and I mean no one, will care what reg you have on the boat.

Anyway, the OP said:

It is rated to up to 40% O2 where 99.99% of the market is today. If you want more O2, they have the M1.

Close, but no cigar. Limited to 80%, not 100%.
1685815380516.png

Like that would be trustable information anyway.

So on the prestige idea. Seriously, when you are on a dive boat, do you care at all what other people are using? The only thing that stands out is a rebreather as those are rare. Or if someone pulls up in a Ferrari.....

So rebreather divers could have the following arrogant attidue:
View attachment 786324

And then rebreather divers with close circuit bailout could take it up a notch with:

View attachment 786326

But why stop there? Let's take it up another notch with:

View attachment 786327

Or we can forget about this prestige nonsense, spend money intelligently. 2 of these is almost half a rebreather. Let's spend our money on dive trips instead as no one, and I mean no one, will care what reg you have on the boat.

Anyway, the OP said:

It is rated to up to 40% O2 where 99.99% of the market is today. If you want more O2, they have the M1.

Close, but no cigar. Limited to 80%, not 100%.
View attachment 786329

The only gear I look at on a dive boat is my wife’s and my own. Could care less about anyone else’s for the most part.

All regs work. They have to meet the EN250 and CE standards.

For deeper diving (i.e. all diving) you use the quality regulators not the low-end rental regs. For example the Mk25 and DST — with many many other similar regs.

What will this Atomic Aquatics reg do that those won’t? Aside from not working with high oxygen percentages. And extracting more wonga from your wallet.

As an aside, you may buy a set of “primary” regs for your single cylinder diving initially. However, as your diving progresses, you will reassign your regulators to other duties. For example purchasing twinset/doubles regulators and using the single regulator as a decompression gas reg. The basic gas used is 50%, which this very expensive AA reg cannot be used for.

How do you know that it is "some improvements"? Do you know the actual design of this TFX second stage and how different it is from the D400? Do you know how long they had to work on these "some improvements" and the effort and expense it took them to get there??

How do you know it was made in Taiwan?

Heck, you should do the presentation ahead of Atomic's presentation and we call it a day.
It is not a novel design, so it can only be marginal improvements from the D400 it is based on. Iterative improvements are still meaningful but it is not a novel design so they could have spend a decade to gain an extra 10% or whatever it is. The D400 was a bloody good regulator and there is only so much that can possibly be left given the constraints of case geometry. We have been splitting hairs since the Scubapro 156 and while a modern Deep6 Signature is certainly better than a 156 could ever hope to be, we are arguably beyond the point of diminishing returns with regulators.
The cost is because it's machined from titanium which is horrifically expensive, especially given what is going on with China and Russia right now, so that is where most of the cost has gone, it certainly won't perform with 1/2 the work of breathing to warrant double the cost of other top end regulators and while it may be quite nice, we are already beyond what the human body can perceive in terms of work of breathing.

It is made in Taiwan, if you would like to lay claim to where it is actually made other than Taiwan I would love to see evidence to the contrary, but it is made in Taiwan, and so are quite a few parts of all the other Atomic regulators so you're going to have to get over that and preferably stop using that as an argument to not purchase regulators from other manufacturers. I promise you if they were actually made in the USA they would have the flag on their product, we're big about that in this country and when dealing with consumer goods you ALWAYS have the flag on there if it qualifies for it for marketing purposes. It's made in Taiwan, it's not a bad thing, it's just a thing, so accept that they can produce regulators that are top tier and move on. It is also an iterative improvement of a Scubapro design, as are all Atomic regulators, not a single one is a novel regulator design and that's not a bad thing at all, just means you can't really continue to sh!t on companies like Deep6 who have made similar iterative improvements to established designs from other regulator companies because Atomic is doing the same.

It is made in Taiwan, if you would like to lay claim to where it is actually made other than Taiwan I would love to see evidence to the contrary, but it is made in Taiwan, and so are quite a few parts of all the other Atomic regulators so you're going to have to get over that and preferably stop using that as an argument to not purchase regulators from other manufacturers.

You are the one that is making the claims not me. Please present your evidence and be precise instead of your emotional borderline hysteric nonsense.

you can't really continue to sh!t on companies like Deep6
I did? When was the last time I talked about D6? "Continue"??

So, this is what your problem is all along? Atomic is miles ahead of other manufacturers and you have to attack it with arm waving and emotionally driven words.

It pisses you off, doesn't it?

You are the one that is making the claims not me. Please present your evidence and be precise instead of your emotional borderline hysteric nonsense.

I did? When was the last time I talked about D6? "Continue"??

So, this is what your problem is all along? Atomic is miles ahead of other manufacturers and you have to attack it with arm waving and emotionally driven words.

It pisses you off, doesn't it?
Evidence is unfortunately privileged as part of my agreements with other manufacturers that use these factories to produce parts of their products *neither Deep6 nor HOG* as it involves pictures from inside the factory itself, but they are made in Taiwan. This new reg right down the street from where not only HOG and Deep6 are produced but also a huge proportion of regulators in the Huish portfolio as well as many other big name regulators. Again, not a bad thing, just a thing. Curious how you think this is nonsense when it is presenting facts, it is anything but borderline hysterics. Where do you think Atomic is producing these if it's not Taiwan?

Last time was end of last year, but it was definitely a bit of a passion project for you for quite some time. I was more curious why your narrative with HOG and Deep6 being copies/improvements of Apeks made in Taiwan was a problem but Atomic being a copy/improvement of Scubapro made in Taiwan was acceptable.

My narrative the entire time is that a CNC mill/lathe in Taiwan is just as capable as those in Sweden at Poseidon, England at Apeks, Italy at Scubapro, or anywhere else in the world, it is all about the choices that the customer demands in terms of precision and quality control. Moreso, Taiwan doesn't have the same environmental restrictions it also means they are capable of producing superior products to the European nations as they can produce much higher quality plating where the chemistries are no longer allowed in many parts of the world as we have seen regularly with the continued decline in plating quality, Apeks in particular.

Evidence is unfortunately privileged as part of my agreements with other manufacturers that use these factories to produce parts of their products *neither Deep6 nor HOG* as it involves pictures from inside the factory itself, but they are made in Taiwan. This new reg right down the street from where not only HOG and Deep6 are produced but also a huge proportion of regulators in the Huish portfolio as well as many other big name regulators.

So you have "secret" evidence that you can't show but you want us to accept it at face value??

Curious how you think this is nonsense when it is presenting facts, it is anything but borderline hysterics.
"Presenting facts"??? What facts? At best, you are presenting "hearsay evidence" based on some "secret" evidence you won't/can't share but we are supposed to accept it on face value. Sure, whatever you say buddy.

Last time was end of last year, but it was definitely a bit of a passion project for you for quite some time. I was more curious why your narrative with HOG and Deep6 being copies/improvements of Apeks made in Taiwan was a problem but Atomic being a copy/improvement of Scubapro made in Taiwan was acceptable.
Because of "secret evidence"???

Back
Top Bottom