Atomic Aquatics to Launch a new product (Regulator) on June 3rd....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So utterly useless then. And expensive.

Pros:
  • Shiny
Cons:
  • Big limitations for use with rich decompression gasses -- meaning buying separate regs when you can just buy one type of reg for all uses
  • Very expensive compared with the many equivalent regs (Mk25, DST, etc.)

Perhaps to you, O2>40% is important and hence you should look for other regulators to suit your application but for the 99.99% of the market worldwide, 40% or less is just fine. Use the right tool for the right job.

• Bullseye!
Reactions: L13
Buena suerte con eso.:buzo:
Necesitará un CCR.
Chico divertido.
Neither cr, nor anything, I plan to go in at night, in a swimsuit, without equipment, with style and my friend (the one on page 2 of my post about the R190) accompanies me, take a look, you will see how you understand me. PS I'll bring me a monkey from the rock as a souvenir. Greetings and take care

Look, there he is waiting for me, I'm coming honey.
images.jpeg

You don't see a value for it but others do and that's OK. No need to get upset about it or attack others that do value the product. Some folks see value to buying a Maserati and are willing to pay loads of money for it but others don't. I saw a person driving a Maserati when I was at a gas station two days ago and he looked happy with it. I didn't see a value for me to buy one or even fantasize about buying it but I didn't attack or ridicule him in anyway or felt that I had to mock him. More power to him. Several months ago a Bentley was ahead of me at a traffic light, it was very nice. I would like to drive it and can see me owning one but I can't afford it and don't see the need for it, I prefer a sturdy and capable high capacity off-road truck myself.

The intensity and persistence of unnecessary and uncalled for vulgarities and insults hurled around in this thread by some is shocking however. You don't like something that others do and admire, just skip it and let others enjoy their moment. No need to put them down or insult them calling them names.

I just find it humorous that atomic has such astronomical prices yet they’re gear isn’t any better than a lot of other brands at less than half the price. Maybe this regulator will prove all of us wrong and be the best thing since “sliced bread”, but somehow I doubt it will deserve the $2500 price tag associated with it.

I just find it humorous that atomic has such astronomical prices yet they’re gear isn’t any better than a lot of other brands at less than half the price.

Says who? YOU?

It is subjective and everyone has their opinion just like they have other things.

I just find it humorous that atomic has such astronomical prices yet their gear isn’t any better than a lot of other brands at less than half the price. Maybe this regulator will prove all of us wrong and be the best thing since “sliced bread”, but somehow I doubt it will deserve the $2500 price tag associated with it.
Humorous or not, I find @BoltSnap ’s car comparison the best.
Most will get you from point A to point B, but how is the difference. Sometimes... And sometimes, it is virtually the same car like Tahoe and Escalade, except the later is almost double the price and Caddy has sold their Escalades like crazy! if there is a market for it, why not.
I am just excited to see something new!

Most will get you from point A to point B, but how is the difference. Sometimes... And sometimes, it is virtually the same car like Tahoe and Escalade, except the later is almost double the price and Caddy has sold their Escalades like crazy! if there is a market for it, why not.
So when it comes to cars there is a measurable difference in performance, reliability, and ... prestige.

I don't see this new reg attracting women like a Ferrari, so I find using cars as an analogy funny as well.

If you want to talk about prestige, there are rebreathers, not these noisy plebeian open circuit things :wink:

So when it comes to cars there is a measurable difference in performance, reliability, and ... prestige.

I don't see this new reg attracting women like a Ferrari, so I find using cars as an analogy funny as well.

If you want to talk about prestige, there are rebreathers, not these noisy plebeian open circuit things :wink:
Well, T25 was no better than T3 , but was a conversation starter every time :)
This new reg is actually cheaper :p
Time will tell if It will have better performance than competitors . I love comparing apples and oranges.

Yea the car analogy doesn’t make any sense either. Big difference between a Camry and a Ferrari….doubt there will be a big difference between my Diverite and scubapro regs and this new atomic.

Back
Top Bottom