Atomic Aquatics to Launch a new product (Regulator) on June 3rd....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am staying with my humble mk10+/156 NO GRAIL and I am leaving because I have to invade Gibraltar.
Good luck with that. :scubadiver:
You will need a CCR .
Funny guy.

The problem is not that I don't want to buy it, it's my checking account that refuses. But assuming I had the Brat Pitt card, I wouldn't buy one, I'd buy two. One thing is what we want and another what we can. If we go into how unfair life is and unjust economic imbalances, we wouldn't have enough life to discuss it. I think the honest question is IF I WERE RICH WOULD I BUY IT?

Exactly, life would be very boring if we didn't have choices and didn't have differences in tastes and resources.

I think the car comparison is valid. Some people will want new regulator just because it is new, like iPhone crazies, regardless of features. Some will want it because of “status” and to show they can afford it.
As many new models it is likely to have an improved design. Hopefully, it will have an improved performance. How much better is it going to be over flagship SP or current atomic models? Well it is to be seen.
as @buddhasummer said, I am not necessarily interested in buying one, but I am interested in learning about new product and excited about new kid on a block.

Exactly what you said.

There is another point also. When a new product that is based on a new or improved design, there is typically "trickle down" improvements in less expensive models also over time. Mercedes was the first company that brought ABS in passenger cars in its expensive models. Not everyone could afford these car at the beginning but look where we are today, even the $5K car made in China has ABS. I realize that cars and scuba regulators are different but the concept can be similar in many ways.

It is fortunate that we have companies like Atomic and SP (and others that innovate not just imitate) that have the drive and finances to continue to invest in R&D and dare to dedicated resources to bring out new products and innovations in this business, our passion and major/main pastime.

It’s cool even if pricy, some will totally freak over the price (which is crazy) but that doesn’t take away from the design and the benefits of the design, even if you don’t understand it.
Could someone please list the benefits of this reg over a decent alternative (Mk25, DST, etc.)

Also what's so good about using non O2 compatible components?

Also what's so good about using non O2 compatible components?
It is rated to up to 40% O2 where 99.99% of the market is today. If you want more O2, they have the M1.

It's today:

Show me the money details/specs/data/WOB plot/production drawings/service manual/... Atomic!

How about at least a good description/drawing of how it works, why it is different/better and some numbers/plots to back it up?

Well, maybe once y'all wake up there on the left coast ... :wink:

It's today:

Show me the money details/specs/data/WOB plot/production drawings/service manual/... Atomic!

How about at least a good description/drawing of how it works, why it is different/better and some numbers/plots to back it up?

Well, maybe once y'all wake up there on the left coast ... :wink:

It is all there, it is only few hours to the event from now. Give them time to wake up, drink their coffee, walk the dog and whatever else they do in CA on a Saturday morning :)

It is rated to up to 40% O2 where 99.99% of the market is today. If you want more O2, they have the M1.
So utterly useless then. And expensive.

Pros:
  • Shiny
Cons:
  • Big limitations for use with rich decompression gasses -- meaning buying separate regs when you can just buy one type of reg for all uses
  • Very expensive compared with the many equivalent regs (Mk25, DST, etc.)

How is this going to be significantly better? Will it improve my air usage? Is it hoseless? Does it infuse the air with super power inducing vapor?

I just can't imagine any amazing development in regs that are going to change the way we breathe underwater.

Back
Top Bottom