Atom 3.0 Wish List

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All of this feedback has been very helpful to us - and will ultimately make many of you very happy when the product hits the market. Thank you to all of you that have taken the time to make your wishes known - we'll accommodate as many of these requests as we can. Here's a sneak peak for you:
photo_preview.jpg

Hi Doug,
the computer looks pretty nice! Do you have an anticipated release date?

Jose

Can you confirm the time zone issue is going to be fixed in this version?

Will there be an upgrade/tradeup option for 2.0 customers? (I'd wear mine all the time if the bloody time zone issue was fixed)

I was just browsing the oceanic website and it dawned to me that the atom 3.0 outer appearance is very similar to Geo 2.0

So, 1 question, will the existing usb cable usable with the new atom 3.0?

Maybe I'm in a minority here, but I prefer the aesthetics of the 2.0 over the 3.0. Any chance of an all-black model, closer to the look of the 2.0?

Then again, maybe I personally won't need any of the upgraded features and can pick up a 2.0 for a good price when the 3.0 is announced. I love my GEO, but want the integrated air.

Hi Doug,

I am using my friends Atom 2 at the moment but need to get my own computer. I heard about the Atom 3 coming out and called Oceanic and was told the release date wasn't till November at the earliest, if not a year away. I see your picture of you wearing the dive computer but was told that a prototype wasn't even out yet. Will it be out by september so i can take it to bonaire with me or should i stop holding my breath. Please help me!! I need to make a decision soon!!!
Thank you

I love the Atom 2 im using right now but if the bigger better is coming out soon then it can wait till August.. So how about it Doug?

Hi Doug:
Hope all is well there, while we are on the subject of a new Atom....Make it tougher. As a professional diver...2 or 3x a day, everyday. My Atoms look like they have been beaten on tanks and dragged along the side of the boat everyday....of course they have been, but I have a Tag Heuer watch that has been on the same wrist as my atoms and after 10 years, if I buff up the stainless steel it looks like new.
I would be willing to spend a couple of hundred more for a sapphire crystal and stainless case, oh and my watch flooded once...with sea water, ( changing the time on the way to a new job in Hawaii and forget to screw down the wheel) and it actually survived and is still working to this day, five years later. Also,flood proof the battery compartment....I once had a battery compartment o ring extrude in one of my Atoms...it did flood with fresh water but still works fine.
I still LOVE these computers, also I have said it before and will say it again, for customer service OCEANIC cannot be beat. Doug is the MAN.
XOX from Vietnam !
Hey when you come over again, I am opening a shop on Con Dao, You dive on the house !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom