Atom 3.0 Wish List

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds really cool, Doug. Fortunately it looks like there isn't anything dramatic I'd need over the 2.0, since I just got it recently and have five dives on it.

I have a trip coming up. I'm trying to sell my Uwatech Galileo Sol to buy two Datamasks and two Atom 3.0s for myself and my wife. My biggest hope was for a digital compass on the Atom 3.0. Yay or nay?

..... My biggest hope was for a digital compass on the Atom 3.0. Yay or nay?
Nay....

just got mine .....

atoms_comparision.jpg

Will test it in the ocean this week-end

OK, here's a quick look at some new features. Several other requests from this thread have been implemented. We're anticipating shipments to begin as early as the end of this month (September)... more likely into the first half of October. In the meantime, I'm sending a beta unit to one of the members in this thread that's been patiently waiting and has a trip coming up - any other takers? Any of you diving this weekend? I can have one of these in your hand tomorrow. Shoot me an PM or email.

* Dual Algorithm
* Deep Stop
* 3 Nitrox Mixes, all to 100%
* Elapsed dive time (EDT) displayed on main
* Air time remaining (ATR) displayed on main, in addition to "dive time remaining" - the lesser of no deco time, ATR or O2 saturation
* EDT displayed during high PO2
* Improved user-interface with Step Back
* History
* Safety stop – auto + manual
* Gauge Mode with Run Timer
* Last Dive Display
* Data Retention
* Firmware Update Ready
I have used the Atom 2.0 since 2007. It is great and the 3.0 looks even better. But I have one question, have you guys bothered to make a Mac compatible version of your software? There have been many requests for this that have gone unanswered. I don't plan on buying a PC or emulation software just to use the existing software. This has been an annoyance since I purchased the Atom 2.0. I have used a 3rd party solution but it sounds as though the Oceanlog software will be critical for firmware upgrades. Note that Atomic's new cobalt computer software is supposedly mac compatible.

I have used the Atom 2.0 since 2007. It is great and the 3.0 looks even better. But I have one question, have you guys bothered to make a Mac compatible version of your software? There have been many requests for this that have gone unanswered. I don't plan on buying a PC or emulation software just to use the existing software. This has been an annoyance since I purchased the Atom 2.0. I have used a 3rd party solution but it sounds as though the Oceanlog software will be critical for firmware upgrades. Note that Atomic's new cobalt computer software is supposedly mac compatible.

I use MacDive on my MacBook. However I just partioned the drive with bootcamp and installed Windows.

Back
Top Bottom