Atom 3.0 Wish List

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt the OC1 is replacing the Atom. I think they're for very different divers, at very different price points.

That said, I bought my Atom 2.0 13 dives ago and am very happy with it. I was going to get the 3.0, but with no release date on the horizon I got a good deal on the 2.0 and haven't looked back. Unless you need what the 3.0 can do, just get the 2.0 now at a good price.

Btw, you get used to it, but the only thing I hate about the 2.0 is the placement of the seconds in watch mode. Seems ridiculous, but I guess it was a compromise for dive modes.

I've been told that the atom 3.0 is being dropped.....
I do NOT know exactly when the Atom 3.0 will be released .... but ... I DO KNOW that we are going to release the online class for the Atom 3.0 very very very very very very soon :wink:

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Alberto at DiveNav/Dive Computer Training has just notified me that the online class is ready to go - and that he's "unlocked" the ATOM 3.0 in the simulator - I've been diving it online for some time now :wink: .

I'd like to offer you all the opportunity to check out the online class on Oceanic. PM or email me, I'll send you a free activation code.

......and that he's "unlocked" the ATOM 3.0 in the simulator - I've been diving it online for some time now .....
Yes indeed.

Here the proof:
Atom3_first%20dive.jpg

Also, as discussed, I marked the Atom 3.0 as "default" gear, so it is available for free - in the simulator - to everyone .... until the official launch.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

I'd like to offer you all the opportunity to check out the online class on Oceanic. PM or email me, I'll send you a free activation code.

I'll drop you a PM then... I'm interested in this and wouldn't mind having a play around with it.

not sure i can justify updating from my GEO 1 just yet though... especially considering aussie retail prices.

Are there technical hardware differences?
ie same sensor/mainboard/transmitter?

Or is it similar to the geo 1 -2 (new screen/software update)

i like my atom 2.0 but wish it had deep stops, which would be easy to do via software. That said, the 3.0 looks alot nicer and more professional.

Back
Top Bottom