Atlas gloves for Viking Bayonet Dry Glove Rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's what I ended up doing for the DSS computer boot lacing.

The loop on top of the boot holds tight once there is a bit of tension on the wrist loop.

I also just rigged this set-up on my wrist slate:

The way the cord lock is "tethered" to the slate allows me to tighten the bungee with just one hand by just pulling on the short bungee loop. Better than my older set-up without the tether, where I needed to hands to set the tension.

Henrik

Interesting method. Are they easy to take off, as well, if you need to loosen it? Seems like it could get pretty tight with that loop locking it down.

I like your idea with the slate, though. Very clever.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you - I was out diving :D

The loop on the "boots" loosens very easily when there is no tension on the bungee. So either off your arm or with just enough tension to keep things in place. I really mostly use the extra length of bungee on the "boots" to adjust for varying suit thicknesses. I don't adjust with the gauge on my arm.

The slate solution, while at first a seemingly good idea, unfortunately doesn't have enough "holding power" to stay in adjustment it turns out - I had chance to give it a good testing last week. Bummer. The bungee will slide in the cord lock and loosen. Easy to tighten again, but I'd prefer not to have to. A different cord lock with a stronger spring might work though.

Henrik

Squeeze can be an issue with deeper dives and the Nordic drygloves.Personally, I do way too much diving in surf, surge and urchin barrens to risk gloves that expensive.
Rings such as the Diving Concepts (which are far superior to the Si Tech rings) are pretty incredible. I spent a lot of time going back and forth between the Viking Bayonets and the Diving Concepts rings. Ended up with the DC rings and have been happy as can be.A couple of glove changes and the cost difference between the Nordics and the glove rings will even out.

I had the same experience. I will say, however, that SiTek has completely redesigned their glove ring system and apparently the new version is MUCH improved over the old one. I haven't seen it first hand, but the reports I've read have been almost entirely positive.

Still happy with my Diving Concepts ring system, though.

Oops, just noticed this thread is nearly a year old, though.

I just had a nice big fishing hook go through my glove (and my knuckle) this morning. It was $2 and <5min to change it out for a new one. I really like the Viking rings...

1000' back in a cave with no issues, and I get tangled in mono-filament twice and stuck with a fishing hook ascending from 30' in open water.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom