Ask A Cop!!! Post Your Questions Here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One more thing...a big announcement...I'm working on a podcast for Cops (and anyone else). A portion of the show will be devoted to Q&A from non-officers (just like this thread). Would any of you be interested in such a thing?
Also, any officers that are willing to offer their expertise for possible interviews or re-curring segments on the show, email me! There are so few (well done) law enforcement podcasts. I want one that will be educational and fun for all. I'm still working on content, etc...and the name! Any ideas? I was leaning towards podCop. My first choice (copcast) is already taken :(
Please email me or PM me with feedback! Let's get this ball rolling!

If I get pulled over and I refuse the acohool test I loose the driver licence for one year but I don't get charged with DUI corect ?

tiberiu:
If I get pulled over and I refuse the acohool test I loose the driver licence for one year but I don't get charged with DUI corect ?
Wrong.

You still get charged with the OWI, but you won't get charged with having a BAC (blood alcohol concentration) over the limit. When you are arrested for OWI, there are actually 2 chages: OWI and prohibited BAC. Either way, refusing to take the test is even worse. In Wisconsin, when you refuse, you can't get an occupational DL and you have to re-take your drivers test to get your DL back.

I heard something about the supreme court making a ruling on the constitutionality of the Breathalyzer test, y'all know anything about it?

I would bet walking down the street naked would get you a ride. :D

I'm a recovery diver for the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office. We're actually encouraged to use our S/R gear for all of our diving. The more you use it the more famaliar and comfortable you are with it. That helps when you're diving in 0 vis - you've got to know your gear and your buddie's gear.

If our gear is damaged on a personal dive, though, it's at our expense. The turn about of that is if any of our personal gear (mask, fins, weights, clips, etc) is damaged on a department dive, it's at the department's expense.

NYC-Diver:
Tell the truth, you guys ever borrow the search and rescue/recovery scuba supplies for a dive trip on your day off?

"Name Game":

Q: What's your name?
A: Joe Smeagle.
Q: How do you spell Smeagle?
A: S-M-uh-E-G-U-L-L
Q: When were you born Joe?
A: January 1, 1990.
Q: So Joe, how old are you?
A: I'm 18!
Q: Are you sure?
A: Wait. No. I made a mistake. I'm 16!

I Washington State if you refuse, your license, permit, or priviledge to drive will be revoked or denied by the Department of Licensing for at least one year.

Additionally, a refusal to take the test may be used in a criminal trial (for DUI).

Back
Top Bottom