Ask A Cop!!! Post Your Questions Here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If anyone still wants to have your questions answered, please visit the new podcast website (www.podcop.net) and submit them in the forums or via email. I'll then answer them on the air!
I'll also still answer the ones posted here. If you have a problem with me using any of your previous questions that are posted here on the show, please PM me.

This may have been asked already...but I don't remember. I always hate pulling over on the side of the road on the highway, anything we can do to make it safer for y'all? I know, car off, hands visible, interior lights if it's night out...

Kevin: You hit the big ones. If half the people did that, it would be nice. You can also pull over enough so that the officer has a safety lane next to the driver side of your car.

What do you do at 5am when you see a sheriff going about 50 mph in a 25 mph zone, then make a left on red, no lights or siren. He then go's into a gas station gets a paper and drives around the back to read it

To be honest, if I know the guy, and he was driving THAT poorly, I'd confront him and inquire what the problem was. In general, if I see a squad from another agency going through our city at a high rate of speed, I have to assume it's some kind of emergency.

Why is weed illegal? Why do they put an apple next to the toilet paper in the holding cell? Yea, I ate the apple.

I have one good thing to say about all cops in general: Cops aren't as bad as prosecutors.

CJ Waid:
I have one good thing to say about all cops in general: Cops aren't as bad as prosecutors.
Try dealing with the defense....oh, wait...based on what you said earlier, you mayknow what I'm talking about.:D

Thats ok, criminals arent as bad as defense attorneys.

If you see a cop blatently doing something wrong, such as your example of running lights just to get a paper, report it to thier Sgt. But be carefull, there are many times that we dont use our lights or sirens even though we are responding. Sometimes we maybe responding to an emergancy that requires us to speed or run lights, etc, but we dont want to attract the attention that our lights and sirens would. So from an outside person, it looks like we are just doing it because we can, most often, theres a purpose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom