Ask A Cop!!! Post Your Questions Here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thats kind of a funny one, because in many states you only need a license to carry a concealed weapon, if its plainly in the open you dont need a license; BUT depending on the way the municipality has thier laws written you could be considered brandishing a firearm, which is illeagal.

Gun laws are a tricky one to answer on this forum, because they vary so widely depending on locale. Get it wrong and you'll be in much greater trouble than a mistake with traffic laws, for example.

The Kraken:
OK, here's another one.

In most states, if not all, a license is required to carry a handgun.

What about a long gun? Can I sling my .308 on my shoulder and walk about with it?

the K
Try it and let me know how it works out for you!
:lol:

The Kraken:
OK, here's another one.

In most states, if not all, a license is required to carry a handgun.

What about a long gun? Can I sling my .308 on my shoulder and walk about with it?

the K

In Texas law, if long guns were carried in a non-threatening manner, they were legal.

OTOH, if someone thought you were going to shoot them because you were approaching them with a rifle, it could be deemed a threat...

Not sure how the law currently reads on that as several have changed since we adopted the CHL's here.

The problem, as always, is a matter of perception. Even though you feel something is within the confines of the law, a cop may not and decide to haul you in to let a judge sort it out.

Gun laws do vary, not only amoung states but even within differant cities within that state. its very hard to answer questions like that. For example, New York state has some of the most open gun laws in the country, BUT New York city has probably the most restrictive.

Just a few facts:

Just about all firearms laws are illegal.
Traffic cops do have illegal ticket quotas in Calif.
The "Militia" is not the National Guard
It's easy to get out of most infractions and misdemeanor citations in California.
A huge percentage of cops are law breakers

In Washington (state) a license is only required if you are concealing the gun.

For school buses with the lights on and stop paddle out: oncoming traffic on a road with more than two lanes does not have to stop.

papps953:
For school buses with the lights on and stop paddle out: oncoming traffic on a road with more than two lanes does not have to stop.

So, if it's a four lane roadway, without a meadian strip, the cars don't have to stop on the other side? How do the kids cross the road?

The kids are not allowed to cross the road in the presence of the bus driver. Normally the bus will pick up the kids on one side of the road, turn around at the end of the route and drive back picking kids up on the other side. The same thing happens when dropping the kids off at night.

Is that new? I grew up in Washington and always thought all 4 lanes were required to stop, but its been 20 years since TSE and the test too.

On another note, for the cops...

When you're in the final stages of working over a suspect, the confession just blubbering from his swollen and cracked lips, what do you use to get the blood and mucus stains off the walls? I can see where heavy detergent on a concrete floor is do-able but I'd imagine those sound proof walls wouldn't stand up to alot in the way of abrasives. :D

Back
Top Bottom