Article: The Number One Rule In Scuba Diving: No Touching!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm just making the point that if we really, really want to save the ocean we should stay away from it. Those fish do not benefit from seeing us.

... so then why does he look so happy to see me?

26221226_878873492293010_7846605127992233283_o.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Actually people, you all are right. Not only should we not fly to our dive destinations to save the oceans, because our mere existence impacts the environment, let’s just kill ourselves to end our respective detrimental impact.

Who’s first? Not me....

Diver’s dilemma
I saw a crap-carrying crab (carrying empty cigarette case in this case to protect itself from predators) on the sandy bottom of Lembeh Strait (see my video, below). So, I said to myself, “Should I take that trash off the crab or leave it alone?”

Harassment can go both ways. This one time in an underwater habitat, I was naked with a girl and we felt so violated that the fish were watching us. True story.

Harassment can go both ways. This one time in an underwater habitat, I was naked with a girl and we felt so violated that the fish were watching us. True story.
I knew you had something really traumatic happen to you! :wink:

I had a very similar experience many years ago at a quiet segment in the Delaware River. Consuelo and I were half dozing with a small rapid flowing gently over us. We gradually became aware of a delicate delightful sensation on our submerged bodies. Dozens of tiny fish were grazing on our submerged anatomy, and many more were arranged in a school slightly further away feeding on whatever drifted down to them. A touch of magic.

I had a very similar experience many years ago at a quiet segment in the Delaware River. Consuelo and I were half dozing with a small rapid flowing gently over us. We gradually became aware of a delicate delightful sensation on our submerged bodies. Dozens of tiny fish were grazing on our submerged anatomy, and many more were arranged in a school slightly further away feeding on whatever drifted down to them. A touch of magic.
Whoa...assume we're talking Warhammer here?

Whoa...assume we're talking Warhammer here?
Post coital deliquescence.

Warhammer, if I remember, is an emergency maneuver that every student must master before basic certification.

Last edited:
Warhammer, if I remember, is an emergency maneuver that every student must master before basic certification.

Is that in confined water, open water, or both? If renting a pool, access may not be continued.

Back
Top Bottom