• None of your darned business

Votes: 41 10.9%
  • Guess, you might just make my day

Votes: 22 5.9%
  • Shhh...Big Brother is watching!

Votes: 43 11.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You don't need a firearm or knife to be armed. Any bic pen or sharpened number 2 pencil will do nicely.

Armed, but not very dangerous.

I keep a 12 gauge with three rubber bullets, two buckshot and one slug in it.

What I find people fail to realize is that gun CONTROL and gun REMOVAL is not the same thing..

Unfortunately, one always seems to lead to the other. Chicago is a perfect (recent history) example. First, firearm identification cards were required. Then, the registration was used to identify owners when firearms were banned.

Throughout history, governments have first implemented 'reasonable' gun CONTROL, then used it to facilitate gun REMOVAL.

I'm unaware of any case of gun control reducing violent crime, and therefore see no benefit to anyone except government.

Mike

Armed, but not very dangerous.

I keep a 12 gauge with three rubber bullets, two buckshot and one slug in it.

Are the rubber bullets first out? Dude, if you feel sufficiently threatened to point a 12 gauge at someone, shoot with something other than rubber bullets.

Yes, armed and dangerous.

No, but it's OK for others to own weapons.

All guns should be seized by the government.

It's none of you darned business wheather I'm armed or not!

Guess. You might just make my day.

Shhh...Big Brother is watching

Yes, I have two functional arms.

Whether or not they are holding a pistol, shotgun or rifle depends on the situation and it's none of anyone's business.

You don't need a firearm or knife to be armed. Any bic pen or sharpened number 2 pencil will do nicely.

Part of why I kept this poll/thread rather vague. :D
"Weapons" can cover a very large class of objects, as well as skill sets!

Are the rubber bullets first out? Dude, if you feel sufficiently threatened to point a 12 gauge at someone, shoot with something other than rubber bullets.
Yes. The problem here is mainly one of non-violent thefts at night, home invasions with injury to the occupants are rather rare. I set it up this way on the advise of a local security expert (ex-MP, ex-cop, etc.) and the local police. It give me the chance to escalate my response and to start of with less than deadly force.

A guy who lives a few miles away was recently charged with homicide after killing a thief who had never entered his house (he did shoot him in the back, it looks like he was running away).

Back
Top Bottom