Are there any GLBT divers/groups/clubs out there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The way I see it is, if we're out on a dive boat, and I need a buddy, and you need a buddy, then what we're planning is to dive together, not sleep together. As such, I figure it really isn't any of my business whether the insta-buddy is straight, bi, gay, whatever. If you decide you need to tell me, that's fine, and it wouldn't change my perception of you as a dive buddy.

I do understand that there are a lot of people out there still that don't think that way, and I can easily see how much more relaxed a dive trip could be when you're not worried that someone is going to freak out if you just be yourself.

Sadly, there are still many people that haven't figured out yet that tolerance does not equal endorsement. They seem to think that if we extend tolerance to anything we don't agree with or that makes us uncomfortable for any reason, it means we're putting our stamp of approval on it.

Sadly, there are still many people that haven't figured out yet that tolerance does not equal endorsement. They seem to think that if we extend tolerance to anything we don't agree with or that makes us uncomfortable for any reason, it means we're putting our stamp of approval on it.

Wow, you must be so proud of yourself for being so fair minded.

Did it ever occur to you that we are actually not fascinated to hear that you don't agree with/"endorse" (whatever that means)/approve of us?

You need to check your ego. And I don't care if you don't like what I'm saying. You expect to come in here and say that stuff and not have anybody call you on it. I will call you out on that stuff, every time.

You know the kind of divers we like best here in the IVS family? Ones who dive, safely, responsibly, and with respect for others. We don't judge, and we don't really tolerate judging - it's an all-inclusive attitude that we embrace, and everyone is welcome - without regard for their preferences or choices in life. If you don't fit in you'll feel it and leave on your own. We just respect each other and take care of each other, and leave all the bashing to others. Life, and diving, is so much better that way!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom