Are all S600s the Same?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nope I think you are not correct :) IIRC there were a few releases (A,B, N) that had different adjustment knobs. If I remember correctly the earlier releases were removing the pressure from the seat when the reg is not pressurized , the later had a simpler knob without that feature.

The earlier versions require an extra upgrade of the knob if you want to upgrade the barrel. (Mine was of that kind)

So am I correct that all pre 2011 s600s are the same minus some cosmetic diffrences?

IIRC? Is there something that would tell me which ones are which. Ive found a few but I would like to know what the differences are. Thanks for the help.

IIRC- if i remember correctly.

Yes - the form of the cranking effort adjustment knob and the knob grooves are different.
IIRC? Is there something that would tell me which ones are which. Ive found a few but I would like to know what the differences are. Thanks for the help.

The earlier S600 (configuration 1) have a rubber diver adjustment knob and require more parts to convert to a metal air barrel and the later(configuration 2) S600 has a hard plastic diver adjustment knob and requires less parts to convert to a metal air barrel. The micro adjustment parts that are used in configuration 1 are the same that were used in the G250HP. Even though you need more parts to convert configuration 1 than you need for configuration 2, there shoundn't be that much more in cost between the two.

I am so sick of hearing about "Hog" anything that I will never purchase one just for that reason alone. Is it possible to have a thread without somebody inserting "Hog" into the conversation?

N
Remind me of certain F class when tec training is being mentioned.
If my 15 yrs old DS-4 pack up one day I will still go for another DS-4.

I looked up the cost of the extra parts that are required to convert a configuration 1 S600 and it comes to just under $12. This does not include the air barrel and the prices are "dealer cost" from the 2011 price list.

Back
Top Bottom