AquaSafari

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

_My_Cheetoes__by_mecha_shadow.jpg

Dandy, I think you look more manly with the cowboy hat. And I don't intend to hurt your feelings, but that outfit makes you look a little fat. And I think if you have web cam on while your surf that might account for the strange pop up ads you have been seeing?????

I think it is good that this was posted in a public forum. It gave AS a chance to hear what was said and to respond. Most of the time when people have a bad experience they tell lots of folks, but the person they are talking about doesn't have a chance to join the coversation.

I just sat and read this thread. All I can say is before posting the divers and the OP should have sat down and talked about it. Glad its over now let's dive!!! :D

Is this Don? My God, Chesty Puller must be rolling over in his grave.......

A PM to whom? AS wasn't a member? Instead, as this was a local problem, a local communication might have been a good idea. Yet, they are communicating now, in person and here as well, so good is coming from this.

_My_Cheetoes__by_mecha_shadow.jpg

I don't know the site where the incident occurred, but what is the percentage of shore based dives than occur there?

Could it be that the boat operators just aren't used to keeping an eye out for dive flags (since most people dive from boats there)? Boat = divers nearby... not boat = no divers nearby.

Just wondering...

I don't know the site where the incident occurred, but what is the percentage of shore based dives than occur there?

Could it be that the boat operators just aren't used to keeping an eye out for dive flags (since most people dive from boats there)? Boat = divers nearby... not boat = no divers nearby.

Just wondering...

Divemasters there always tow a flag whether they're off a boat or from shore.

Divemasters there always tow a flag whether they're off a boat or from shore.

Never seen a divemaster towing a flag off a boat in Cozumel. Not the op I use or any others I've seen in the areas we've been at. Actually, never seen a towed dive flag in Cozumel.

I think it is good that this was posted in a public forum. It gave AS a chance to hear what was said and to respond. Most of the time when people have a bad experience they tell lots of folks, but the person they are talking about doesn't have a chance to join the coversation.

I don't agree. First line of escalation should be to the company management. If that doesn't result in satisfaction of the customer then take it to a public forum and let both sides have their say.

The actions of the original poster - spamming this to multiple scuba forums at once, and claiming the boat deliberately tried to kill him - reek of a testerone fuelled sense of injustice.

As the original poster didn't try to talk to Aquasafari management, and didn't send them links to the four forums he spammed with the complaint it is hard to believe he was interested in resolving the problem or finding out the other point of view - more trying to hurt Aquasafari as much as possible.

If I have a problem with my new Sony TV I don't spam the internet without contacting the dealer first.
If I get some out of date cheese from my supermarket I don't spam the internet without trying to return it first.
If I have a problem with a bus driver trying to kill me, I don't spam the internet and blame the company as reckless without contacting their head office first.

I don't see why problems diving should be any different....

My view is that "naming and shaming" is a last resort, not a first one. Especially with such flimsy evidence which is really "he said, we said" and can't be dispassionately proved either way.

Seems like Coz DMs generally wait until close to end then shoot a sausage on a line. But in that post he said "there," so I don't know about at that location. I haven't seen one with a flag towed; maybe some do, just hadn't noticed any.

Just wondering...

While training dives are conducted from shore there, they are typically conducted closer to shore than where Tek claims he was. The boats don't come that close into shore. By his own admission, he swam from the shore out to the reef and back...putting him in the navigational channel during at least some portion of his dive. This is something that local instructors and DM's don't encourage or recommend for various reasons...boat traffic being the big one, with unpredictable currents closely following.

Back
Top Bottom