AquaSafari

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqua Safari,

Having him get an eye exam and publishing the results. I'm impressed. I was in a hurry yesterday when I posted so I didn't have a chance to review the entire topic before I went off the cliff. I'm sure I missed a few things. That's what I get for reading the initial post and then responding to it on page 18 or something.

Looks like you are following up on the incident in the nth detail. Let me apologize for not doing my diligence in reading the entire topic before flaming a response.

Giving an apology reflects well on you. I'm sure it wasn't easy.

IMO, the most important lesson in this thread will not be about the incident itself, but about how unfair and damaging internet comments can be.

Maybe this thread will eventually promote more reflection and restraint in those who are so quick to castigate others.

Dave C

Aqua Safari,

Having him get an eye exam and publishing the results. I'm impressed. I was in a hurry yesterday when I posted so I didn't have a chance to review the entire topic before I went off the cliff. I'm sure I missed a few things. That's what I get for reading the initial post and then responding to it on page 18 or something.

Looks like you are following up on the incident in the nth detail. Let me apologize for not doing my diligence in reading the entire topic before flaming a response.
There ya go - goodun! :thumb:
Giving an apology reflects well on you. I'm sure it wasn't easy.

IMO, the most important lesson in this thread will not be about the incident itself, but about how unfair and damaging internet comments can be.

Maybe this thread will eventually promote more reflection and restraint in those that are so quick to castigate others.

Dave C
Now that's hoping for a lot.

Aqua Safari,

So now I guess you just expect us all to accept your apology for going off a cliff before you read the entire story. Last night you made it very clear that an apology from Bill wasn't good enough. Yet now you're asking for one when you admittedly didn't even bother reading the thread before "flaming" off your response as you said.

wikel:
There is a difference between an accident and down right disrespect. This incident would be the former. IMO an apology for this type of treatment is not enough.

I, for one, am so very impressed with the open-ness and honesty presented by Mr. Horn. I know the next time I'm down that way exactly which dive operation I'm using!

It just proves that until you know as many facts as can be extracted through a thorough investigation you can't pass judgement. From what I have seen demonstrated that process is still ongoing to be certain it arrives at the most correct conclusion based on the interviews etc.

So now I guess you just expect us all to accept your apology for going off a cliff before you read the entire story. Last night you made it very clear that an apology from Bill wasn't good enough. Yet now you're asking for one when you admittedly didn't even bother reading the thread before inserting your foot in your mouth. You're some piece of work.
Well, it could not have been easy to come out with his apology - as stupid as he made himself look earlier. Give him credit due...

So now I guess you just expect us all to accept your apology for going off a cliff before you read the entire story. Last night you made it very clear that an apology from Bill wasn't good enough. Yet now you're asking for one when you admittedly didn't even bother reading the thread before inserting your foot in your mouth. You're some piece of work.

What is being done is more than an apology. He is posting more details on what other steps are being taken and taking care of business. Yes, if it occurred as stated, I think an apology would not be enough. Whether the actual events that occurred are or aren't as originally posted is another matter. My post was based upon what I had read and I screwed the pooch not going through every post before flaming the guy. My impression was someone who has been here on this board that long would have some level of trust. Now if he had just joined 2 days ago, that would have been a different story. No I don't expect you to accept anything.

Well, it could not have been easy to come out with his apology - as stupid as he made himself look earlier. Give him credit due...

Yes, of course you're right :wink: I was just a little floored, but at least he admitted it...I think this thread has had 99 lives...haha!

I was in a hurry yesterday when I posted so I didn't have a chance to review the entire topic before I went off the cliff. I'm sure I missed a few things. That's what I get for reading the initial post and then responding to it on page 18 or something.

I think a lot of us learned the hard way the dangers in replying to a post before reading all the thread. It's just that typically the foot in mouth is less dramatic and more trivial.

It's easy to start reading a thread and see a post for which we feel a need to respond. We want to reply right then while it's fresh on our mind even though there are many posts still to read. Don't. When coming into a conversation late it's better to listen for awhile. Chances are what we were going to say has already been said or things have changed to make our reply irrelevant or inappropriate. Incorrect information gets corrected pretty quickly, offensive remarks get called out promptly, disputes get resolved, etc.

I think a lot of us learned the hard way the dangers in replying to a post before reading all the thread. It's just that typically the foot in mouth is less dramatic and more trivial.

It's easy to start reading a thread and see a post for which we feel a need to respond. We want to reply right then while it's fresh on our mind even though there are many posts still to read. Don't. When coming into a conversation late it's better to listen for awhile. Chances are what we were going to say has already been said or things have changed to make our reply irrelevant or inappropriate. Incorrect information gets corrected pretty quickly, offensive remarks get called out promptly, disputes get resolved, etc.
I love the new multiple quote feature. Tag the post, keep reading, tag more - then when you finally hit Quote, see all those posts stacked up for reply in one box. It really can help with such cases...! :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom