AquaSafari

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh the owner did better than that, did you mis it? He posted here that he wanted to meet with the thread author ASAP (all the parties live there), gave his schedule and phone numbers - to determine any possible truths and a resolution.

As others have suggested, perhaps this thread won’t have the harmful effect on the dive op as clearly was intended. I certainly hope that's the case, just based on the lack of fairness of this process and the constructive responses we've heard from the owner of the dive op.

However, since the OP's accusation was posted in many forums using a title that unfairly and generally smears the dive op for a single and apparently rare alleged incident, it's likely to have some negative impact regardless of the truth of the matter.

"You can't un-ring a bell", as they say. The alarm has been sent out, even if unwarranted and unfair.

Resolution of events with AquaSafari

I had the pleasure of meeting with Bill Horn, owner of AquaSafari, as well as the Ocean Two's captain, and the instructor I exchanged words with in the water.

Mr. Horn seemed very stressed about this event. We had a discussion of the events that day to make sure we all had the story straight. Mr. Horn assured me that this event was in no way intentional (which I didn't think it was anyway), and also told me of steps he is taking immediately to insure that in the future the captain's full attention is toward operating his vessel.

The instructor was apologetic for the words we had exchanged that day. He told me the divers with him were 3 resort course customers, and he was concerned with keeping an eye on them, not on dealing with me at the moment. That is understandable, I suppose. While it definitely wasn't the best way to approach the situation, in the heat of the moment logic doesn't always come into play. Even my posting this on message boards may not have been 100% ideal.

So, in the end, it has all worked out. AquaSafari is not irresponsible, nor are they unsafe. Whatever events led up to my close encounter with their boat were most definitely unsafe, but I feel confident that Mr. Horn has taken steps to resolve those issues.

Would I be one of their customers? I think I would. 2 days ago I wouldn't have set foot near his boats. Now I feel otherwise. So, if you're planning a trip to dive with AquaSafari, don't cancel your reservation because of this. Take it into consideration and make an informed decision, of course, but the thread title is certainly not an accurate representation of either company, or the vast majority of it's employees.

This will help "un-ring the bell". Thank you!

Dave C

I was considering asking you to change it to "Events involving AquaSafari" or something like that.

It troubles me that the #5 result if you Google 'AquaSafari' is this thread.

Wow, TND - I am so glad to hear it went well. Color me wrong for thinking that wouldn't work. Glad it did.

I think hashing it out in person (when feasible like in this situation) is always the best solution. The Op and owner worked it out. I'm sorry that it happened, sorry that Op had to go through that. But I am very glad to see that it was worked out and that the name of the thread has been changed.
I'm the longtime owner of a small business and I don't think a 1 time action of an employee should represent a business as irresponsible as long as the owner steps up to the plate as he did in this case.

How about "Aqua Safari responds to Diver's concerns" with a note at the top of the final resolution. It really is good to see this resolved. I for one do plan on going to Coz one day soon and will definitely consider AquaSafari for diving. You certainly cannot judge an operation by the actions of a single employee, but the owners actions, both on the board and as related by Tek speaks volumes. All positive.

As others have suggested, perhaps this thread won’t have the harmful effect on the dive op as clearly was intended. I certainly hope that's the case, just based on the lack of fairness of this process and the constructive responses we've heard from the owner of the dive op.

Dave C

I guess that is one way of looking at it. The original tittle was, perhaps, harsh. I believe the OP's intent was to motivate the resolution of the incident. And that does seem to be what has occurred.

But I also understand that, as a business owner, you would rather have the opportunity to deal with problems in a more discrete manner. OTOH, as a customer, I like it when business owners are fully motivated to avoid unnecessary unpleasant and unprofitable incidences.

And the internet is so much more effective than BBB or a letter to the editor.:wink:

I'm the longtime owner of a small business and I don't think a 1 time action of an employee should represent a business as irresponsible as long as the owner steps up to the plate as he did in this case.

I agree but if the OP had worked it out first it is unlikely anything would have been posted here and we would have never known about it. How many other incidents occur that are worked out first and we never know it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom