AquaSafari

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not only did I call him back, but we made arrangements to meet at 8:45 Monday morning to talk about the whole thing.
This is the first mention of any discussion between you and the operation owner. Until this post, you have been defending your position.... A position I have supported in the background thus far... I will now wait for the outcome of your meeting...

On another forum, he said today he was meeting Bill Horn for breakfast in the morning. Also on that forum, someone who was on the boat posted, mentioning how dangerous it was to dive from shore and about park rules and regulations, but declined to speak about the incident for now.
Which is interesting... considering every single dive vacation offers "unlimited shore divng" with their dive vacations....

Like we always say in the dive industry. Safety is no accident!

What a tempest in a teapot! Just let the two parties talk to each other! If THEY choose to let the rest of us know what happened, Great. If not, close this thread.

I leave the OP's post almost wondering if AquaSafari knew they were diving illegally and not with local dive shop and purposefully ran over the the dive float to teach them a lesson. IF, and I mean IF, everything the OP said is accurate, sounds like the DM already had a chip on his shoulder when he was approached by the OP.

Do you really think that dive operators in Cozumel, especially one with a very good reputation goes around running over divers to teach them a lesson? Come on!

Do you really think that dive operators in Cozumel, especially one with a very good reputation goes around running over divers to teach them a lesson? Come on!

Right after I posted, I edited my post because I felt it might have been a little direct. However, everyone has done something stupid out of anger or frustration. :)

Which is interesting... considering every single dive vacation offers "unlimited shore divng" with their dive vacations....

Those that do are not located within the park boundaries. This alleged incident was inside the park.

Those that do are not located within the park boundaries. This alleged incident was inside the park.

Fiesta Americana and the Occidental resorts provide tanks and supports shore diving from their facility. Do park boundries run to the shore line or is there a buffer?

Fiesta Americana and the Occidental resorts provide tanks and supports shore diving from their facility. Do park boundries run to the shore line or is there a buffer?

I did not know that. Good question.

Yes dive ops advertise unlimited shore diving and now it is being said that this diving is dangerous in Cozumel. I have been there many times and have not noticed this. What has changed? I also have used Aqua safari in the past and am now very troubled by there employees actions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom