Aqualung i450 vs i750

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think it's worth pointing out that the Eon Steel and Core use a different algorithm than any other Suunto computer (I think). So, just because the Steel/Core can be set to work in a very liberal way does not mean that any other Suunto can do the same.
Good point. The DX uses the same.

Actually (according to Suunto) they do use the same base RGBM as the other Suunto's but they also have the Tech RGBM algorithm, which it's supposed take over at around 30m. Again according to Suunto it should behave in a similar fashion to the rest of the range at shallower depths.

What I think makes the difference is the conservatism settings, I get the feeling that the "fudge factor" offset is different across the range (steps of conservatism)

If I dive mine at +1 (one step of conservatism above default) then it seems to be similar to other Suuntos default and certainly the Cosmiq Deep blue default (I've dived repetitive dives with a buddy on the deep blue)

I suspect that most manufacturers apply different offsets the the algorithm across their range. Therefore an entry level computer designed for newer or infrequent divers maybe made to be more conservative than one further up the range despite them using the same algorithm. But I could be wrong

Not for me. The DSAT liberalism is it, for me.

I did a few dives with a buddy that had a Cressi Giotto. It was consistently her computer's NDL (compared to my Atom running DSAT) that ended our dives. Those were dives in Nitrox, generally in the 70 - 115 foot range.

How long did your dives usually last for? For my weekly diving I need to stay at 50-100 feet for an hour tops. I never came uncomfortably close to my NDL using a sherwood amphos (dsat). Would the pz+ make a big difference in these situations?

Thanks!

@warmNmoist Accross the border here, There is a good Suunto support, and there are quite a lot of us who dive the Eon Steel - (I've yet to see the Eon Core which has similar internals but different case and will cost less) It can be as liberal as DSAT or as conservative as say the Cressie. I can't say I've seen any AL computers being used

While Shearwater's are sold here, for support they have to be internationally shipped to the UK, which for me puts them off my list.

Where in Oman are you diving? The Daymaniyat's?

Good to see someone so close on the forums! I dive Bandar Khairan and Fahal Mainly. Dimaniyat is more of a treat!

The AL computers haven't been around for too long so perhaps thats why they're not as popular. AL Boom is the regional AL dealer so I suspect they will have good AL support (I'm counting on it and Dubai diving to provide service). The eon steel is a good computer however I'm finding the AL for half the price at the moment.

How long did your dives usually last for? For my weekly diving I need to stay at 50-100 feet for an hour tops. I never came uncomfortably close to my NDL using a sherwood amphos (dsat). Would the pz+ make a big difference in these situations?

Thanks!

At around 50', my dive time was just barely over an hour, but that is including all ascent and descent time. Probably 50 - 55 minutes on the bottom. Around 75 feet, total dive time was more like 45 minutes. So, 35 - 40 minutes on the bottom.

. AL Boom is the regional AL dealer so I suspect they will have good AL support

Al Boom will provide good support, I was divign with the head of their technical dept at the weekend. They have had some back, with some minor issues, also some users have complained about battery life with the screen turned up to high to read it here. There have been some bugs, but also some firmware updates, hes' not sure if these updates have fixed some issues. He doesn't dive one himself.

As for being new, yes you're right, but I work with a lot of the operators here so tend to see what equipment people are wearing. I've seen 1. I've seen more deep blue cosmic and perdix than the AL computer. But if its the right computer at the right price for you, go for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom