• Aqualung i550C air integrated console

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Shearwater Peregrine mounted in console boot with SPG

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Other - Please explain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rye_a

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I need to purchase a new computer for my wife, and she has a strong preference for console setups. The two options that I have come down to are the fully AI Aqualung i550C console and the Shearwater Peregrine mounted in a boot with an SPG (we already own the SPG). The Peregrine and boot are about $150 less than the current price of the i550C console, but my primary concern is ease of use, not cost that will be amortized over many years and dives. Which option do you think is best?
Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 3.31.10 PM.jpg

Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 3.30.47 PM.jpg

I like the 550c and I've used that and before that the Atmos AI for more than a decade. But the two button operation can make setup a bit confusing to some, and some people may not like the display in water either. Is she frequently changing air mix and things like that? Is having the air info in the dive log useful to her? Are you diving where charging is or will be an issue (and is she the type who religiously charges things, or always has a dead phone).
They are very different options, I can't imagine many people wouldn't have a preference one way or the other. I basically just want to know how deep I am and how much gas I have, and I don't like wireless options or something on my wrist to scrape up, so the 550 works great for me.

I like the 550c and I've used that and before that the Atmos AI for more than a decade. But the two button operation can make setup a bit confusing to some, and some people may not like the display in water either. Is she frequently changing air mix and things like that? Is having the air info in the dive log useful to her? Are you diving where charging is or will be an issue (and is she the type who religiously charges things, or always has a dead phone).
They are very different options, I can't imagine many people wouldn't have a preference one way or the other. I basically just want to know how deep I am and how much gas I have, and I don't like wireless options or something on my wrist to scrape up, so the 550 works great for me.
Great questions. As long as the O2 content in our Nitrox is stable from dive to dive in each location she won't be changing any settings after day 1. In all honesty, she is terrible about charging her phone, she is also much more likely to copy my dive log information than to ever access her own on her computer, and easy to deal with and easy to read are definitely at the top of her list.

Back
Top Bottom