Apollo Bio Filter ... any input?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s:
however, at $150 bucks each.... **ouch**. Why does Apollo charge so much for something that's essentially a wet-wick tube?

Oh~~Well.. Mike touches a sensitive point again...

Wet tube isn't a life supoort equipment. :blinking:

Any filtration product (water and air) is a filter business, not a canister.

So, it is true that a wet tube is way more overrated on their price. Well, I have one as well... :rofl3:

As I recall, we can get a couterfeit one from a well-known internet source. It is about 1/10 price .......:lotsalove:

ZzzKing:
WHOAWHOAWHOA there Mike_S! That's "Life Support Equipment" you're talking about there...

I love the sarcasm! :rofl3:

Hoosier:
Oh~~Well.. Mike touches a sensitive point again...

Wet tube isn't a life supoort equipment. :blinking:

Any filtration product (water and air) is a filter business, not a canister.

So, it is true that a wet tube is way more overrated on their price. Well, I have one as well... :rofl3:

As I recall, we can get a couterfeit one from a well-known internet source. It is about 1/10 price .......:lotsalove:

I'd pay 1/10th the price for one. Do tell! Feel free to send via PM if you don't want to post directly.

Mike... Nothing is screet. It is from eBay... One guy regularly posts the couterfeit one at about $17 range. Right now, I only can find one at this moment. It is 1/3 price. I have a genuine one, so I don't try this counterfeit one yet, but it looks like using the same wet filter. Be patient, he/she will be back..... :wink:

I have the Bio-Filter and I love it!

I have problems with drymouth 24/7. Diving makes it MUCH worse. After an hour on a tank, my mouth and throat are so dry that swallowing is impossible and trying leads to dry heaves.

I bought a Bio-Filter in May and took it to Roatan a few weeks later. Even making 5-6 dives each day, my drymouth problem was gone. While diving anyway. :)

To me, the $150 was cheap. It was worth every dime.

philmayer:
To me, the $150 was cheap. It was worth every dime.

Good.... I like a diversity....... Some people like the cheaper one with the same function... :wink:

Sorry to dig up a slightly older thread, but would the biofilter result in difficulties diving in cold water due to the added moisture in the 2nd stage?

Sorry to dig up a slightly older thread, but would the biofilter result in difficulties diving in cold water due to the added moisture in the 2nd stage?

To be very conservative do not use the moisturizing element below
42 degrees F/5.56 C. Our testing shows that there are no problems with second stage freeze up above 32F/0C. It seems better to err on the conservative side.

Good.... I like a diversity....... Some people like the cheaper one with the same function... :wink:

The "cheaper one" you mentioned is just that- cheap. It has no moisturizing function, it is simply a cylinder with a filter of some sort.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom