apex atx50's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big Toes

Contributor
Reaction score
sorry if this post has been done before... and sorry if i've got the nomenclature wrong...

i've got a couple of apex atx '50's', 300 bar din in perfect condition and am wondering if i should sell them, use them as stage regs or...

so opinions on these? thanks in advance for the advice.

erik

those are things I would consider buying..i have one and love it, would love more.

The ATX50 is a wonderful second stage. Very easy to DIY service.
From what I read, people really like the DST and DS4 first stages (don't know which one you have).

Some Apeks reg owners have sold 'em and replaced them with the affordable HOG brand regs which seem to be very similar in design and performance. Something else to consider is that the HOG manufacturer makes its reg service kits available for sale to the public (something Apeks doesn't do). This only really matters if you don't keep to the manufacturer-specified service interval for the Apeks regs (overhaul every 2 years, inspection on in-between years).

I'd recommend keeping 'em, though.
If you plan on selling the setup, let me know. I'm local, and I'd be interested in making the purchase. :)

Last edited:
They will make good stage seconds as they already come o2 clean from the factory.

They are horrible regulators that will kill you.

You need to get rid of them quickly. I will help you as they require a very long process to properly dispose of, just mail them to me and I will take care of the details.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom