Anything you want.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Poseidon offers the same technician course as Deep6 and HOG now fwiw and through that, you'll be able to freely purchase parts from any dealer.
Special tools available from here
Poseidon special tools.

Do you mean the same course, through TDI? Or are they just opening up there typical service clinics? ..Any idea where do you get info on classes?

Atomics are basically re-engineered Scubapro's so you aren't going actually be able to tell anything new about them, just shinier and slightly different looking.

This is soooo inacurate, it is wrong!!

This is soooo inacurate, it is wrong!!

scubapro engineers left scubapro, started atomic, took the basic designs from scubapro and made them better. If both are tuned properly, I'd be hard pressed to find anything but a computer that could tell the difference between the two. Given the choice, I would go Atomic, but when one already has Scubapro, there really isn't a good reason to mix and match brands. I can guarantee you that if I put you in a proper blind study, you couldn't tell the difference between them breathing.

I guess I'm already there...

Poseidon Xtreme doubles - check
Argonaut Kraken & HOG Zienith (also a Kraken octo) - check
SP MK-17 & G250v doubles - check
SM MK-17 & G250v singles - check
SP MK-17 & S600 & HOG Zienith singles - check
HOG D1 Cold & Classic Seconds - check
SP MK-20 & G250 - check
SP MK-10 & 156 - check
USD - DAAM w/ Phoenix & HPR - check
USD - DAAM w/ Cyclone & HPR - check
USD - RAM w/ Cyclone & HPR - check
SP MK-2 w/ 156 - check
boat load of MK-5 & MK-10 firsts & 109/156 seconds (I hoard them) - check
bunch of SP regs - (Air1, Pilot, D-Series, G200, MK-15, MK-3, MK-2....) - check
bunch of old stuff.... - check
bunch of "odd" stuff - check

:eek:

scubapro engineers left scubapro, started atomic, took the basic designs from scubapro and made them better. If both are tuned properly, I'd be hard pressed to find anything but a computer that could tell the difference between the two. Given the choice, I would go Atomic, but when one already has Scubapro, there really isn't a good reason to mix and match brands. I can guarantee you that if I put you in a proper blind study, you couldn't tell the difference between them breathing.

I was a dealer for both, SP and Atomic for over 10 years and I have used both extensively and continue to use them for my own diving as well as for my dive school here in Libya (I am a dive school not a dealer or dive shop now). (I have SEVERAL Atomic regulators and SEVERAL MK25/S600 for my own use btw).

They are "similar" in some ways for sure but different in others and there are subtle but VERY distinctive differences especially at the second stages. The differences are more than just cosmetic btw. You obviously don't know the difference between the two. I'll be able to tell the difference especially when going down below 15 meters.

P.S. I know the story of Atomic very well and I know the two guys who started it personally for over twenty years now.

So, if money was no object what would you choose?

I was asked that very question and now I need to come up with an answer. No dive shops are really local so that doesn't play into it. It's about a 4 hour drive to get anything serviced.

*Edit* just seen my phone autocorrected anything to anyone? Can a mod please help

My Number one choice would be and is the VDH Argonaut Kraken.

My number two choice would be and is the AL Titan LX Supreme.

My number three choice would be and is the USD/AL Conshelf XIV/14.

My number 4 choice would be and is the Scubapro 109 with Mark V.

N

I dive(rec/tec) Apeks exclusively for about 18yrs and I see no reason to replace them. But if I am in the market looking for a brand new reg from scratch then Deep 6 would be top on the list.

If money were truly no object, I'd pay SP to make a set of new MK5s, with DIN connectors, for 2nd stage I'd go with a new pilot and a new balanced adjustable.

And I'd still kick myself for such a tremendous waste of money.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom