Anyone want to get Techy ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Budgy I know what you're saying and appreciate it. Unfortunately one LDS is more of a tech diver place and as such is often much more expensive and the owner actually recommends a rec diver like me to look eleswhere for certain bits of kit, as long as I keep buying my airfills and accessories from him he is happy enough. My other LDS I wouldn't touch with a barge pole now that I know a bit about diving because he is useless and has no interest in aftersales service or follow up sales and he annoys so many suppliers in the business that I would be worried if I bought something from him, in a couple of years if I took it in for service or something he wouldn't do it because he had a falling out with the company :wink:

Go-dive isn't near me either but they ran my boyfriends IDC and he got on very well with them all and has stayed in touch so the often do him a price even cheaper again and as a poor student I can't afford to buy it in the more expensive shops.

I agree with what you say about the dive show though that some of the stuff can be less that perfect condition and for that reason I will only by from a few of the reputable shops there because at least then I have some sort of comeback, one of my friends got totally ripped off when she went to the dive show because they saw her coming - a newly qualified diver, looking to get kitted out and no-one to advice her!! You can imagine the dollar signs :rolleyes:

there you go phish-food all nice and tidy!!

Good advice about the show - be careful but if you know what you are doing there are some bargains about.

I used to go more for the lectures/talks

Jonathan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom