Anyone want to get Techy ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phish and Belushi...Thanks for the advice. I am actually going to take a wander up to my LDS this afternoon and discuss Dry Duits.

The catch is I haven't really bought anything from them cos everything is cheaper elsewhere and I am on a budget. Cos I haven't spent any money with them I feel a bit awkward getting their advice on Drysuits, cos most likely they'll be cheaper elsewhere and so I would feel a little guilty. At the same time I wouldn't mind putting some business their way, simply so I would feel a little more comfortable going on trips etc with them. Well you never know they might have some bargains on suits :)

I am trying to find anyone who fancies a trip to Guildenburgh tomorrow if anyone is interested. If not I may take some of you up on your kind invites.

Hope you all have some bubbles this weekend

Conor

Conor I don't know what your LDS is like with people who buy elsewhere but my LDS is great. I buy all the really expensive things like drysuits and regs elsewhere and in fact when I was having trouble with the guy supplying my drysuit my LDS told me to hold out and get on his case because I wouldn't get it cheaper anywhere else. I think the reason they are okay with it is that every time we go diving I am in the shop to buy the little things, my hood, gloves, torch d-rings, air fills plus he will take all my kit in for servicing when it needs it and I pay him for that.

Alternatively wait until October, the dive show in Birmingham is a great place to pick up some very good kit at a price much cheaper than the normal retail prices, and if your LDS has a stand there then you could buy from them and keep everyone happy :wink:

Sorry to be contrary Phish, but I think the Dive show is in November... but I agree about the good deals.
You could hang out at the Northern Diver stand and try on all the "mistakes" they have made as a dry suit, wrong sizes etc ... lol
You can pick up some bargains ... if you go, pm me and we can all meet up and drink a non-alcoholic beverage ... ?:)

oops Belushi you are right it is November :) I keep making that mistake although I have thethig pencilled into my diary to spend lots of money at :wink:

I am beginning to think it might be better to wait for the dive show to buy any kit. There are some good bargains to be had now, but at the show I could at least try things on etc rather than risk the online purchase.

Always a good bet, however make sure either you know what you want or you have some-one with you who can advice. I had a friend go to the show on her own and got fleeced for kit because she didn't know enough about what she wanted.

The other place to try is go-dive in derby, they do really good prices that are pretty close to dive show prices :wink:

Training wish list? wow mines kind of long, my instructor read it the other week and gawked lol

but everytime I talk to them I come away with a second hand car

I live in Scotland and at shows have bought a computer a suit and a reg and a watch from shops several hundred miles away some of the stuff was not as durable as I expected so I think its always best to buy from a local dive shop. When things go wrong with dive equipment, shops the otherside of the country may have less interest in your custom and meeting obligations of customer service. Your also just to far away to personally take the stuff back and complain. A local shop has got a lot to lose when a local diver get bitter and recommends buddy's to buy elsewhere. Shops like Go Dive and Bristol Scuba are not on my doorstep, but some local shops will often offer a matching price promise if you talk to the boss and bargain with him, you may get discount prices near to dive show. It pays to check prices on sites like Divebag but give your local a chance.

Back
Top Bottom