Anyone used Kohala Divers? Staying up in that area.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only thing I would like is for them to have some larger tanks.

I could have sworn that they use AL80s, or were you just making the subtle reference to wanting more bottom time (don't we all!)?

ML:
I could have sworn that they use AL80s, or were you just making the subtle reference to wanting more bottom time (don't we all!)?

Hey biggieb I'm glad you had a good stay here.

As much as I heart Kohala divers (and as I'm sure you know) they don't do high pressure fills which is a bummer. If I'm not mistaken they do rent steel 100's filled to 3k. But asking for more than an AL80 here on the Big Island is a tall order.

-Eric

Ditto to all the good things everyone has been saying about Kohala divers. On my next visit to Hawaii I will be using them for charters and rentals. During my boat dives with them I noticed a telling thing....there were local divers on board....to me that is an indication of the quality of their operation.

They had 72's for the boat dives. They only used the 80's for nitrox. They may do steel for rentals. I did not even ask. I still had good bottom times, but I like to have more room in the tank.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom