Anyone know of a good looking GEAR BAG?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

astrofunk once bubbled...
I'm extremely happy with my Adventure Roller duffel from LL Bean. It's everything you'd want in a dive bag (i.e. big, wheeled with a tobaggon bottom, waterproof, apparently indestructible), plus it looks cool and doesn't advertise that it contains scuba gear. I use a tub anytime I'll be diving primarily out of my truck, but for boats and planes, it's the roller duffel.

Can you fit 2 back inflate (Large Black Diamond & Medium Ladyhawk) BC's in the bag?

Thanks.

Does the LLBean adventure roller duffle have an extendable handle? or does it just have a sewn on handle on the bag?

Dee:
I used a Rubbermaid™ tub all last summer and it worked pretty well but I got tired of all my little stuff ending up on the bottom. But I didn't want to give up my tub. Then one day at the lake....I saw it!

It was flat black with lemon yellow trim, wide lawnmower wheels and a lovely stout handle that would hide away. He popped open those bright yellow latches and there it was, the answer to my problem. A matching bright, lemon yellow tray with 4 deep compartments, 2 with lids. It was autographed by...Stanley Tools. I had to have one, no matter what the cost!

I found my new box at Lowe's but I've since seen them at Home Depot but they are last years model and rapidly being replaced with a newer model. After bringing it home I discovered a couple more cool things. The lid does not come off but it does stay open. There are tabs on each corner with small holes to hold the ends of bungie cords. I keep a pr. of bungies crossed over the lid as a place to stash a dry towel, hold a t-shirt, etc....any thing you need handy as soon as you get out of the water.

I can get everything except the tank in this box and although the tray is about 6" deep, there's still plenty of room. In that tray, I've got places to keep my mask, computer/compass/gauges from getting crushed or scratched. A safe place for my glasses as I dive, etc......all those small thing that ended up in the bottom of the old tub.

And although it cost a stiff $49, compared to a $7 Wal-Mart tub, I think it's going to be worth every penny.

Here's a picture of it without the tray....My new box

Ok fine... so I don't actually own any gear yet.... what's your point? Of COURSE I have to have one!!!! Very cool!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom