Anyone know of a good looking GEAR BAG?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For traveling, I just put my stuff in a normal suitcase.

For hauling gear onto a boat, I just wear the BC, and put the other gear in a lightweight nylon 28" x 14" diameter duffle bag. The bag folds up and stores neatly out of the way after removing the gear.

Wheeled duffles and rigid boxes are a pain on smaller boats.

Charlie

This is all YOUR fault! :D If you hadn't posted the picture of that box I wouldn't have known what to look for! SIGH! It's in my garage now, $49.00 OUCH! But even my hubby thinks its cool :) Can't wait to try it!
Ber :bunny:

I carry my gear in one large hockey bag. My own is just one big goalie bag, no pockets, no frills, just a crapload of free space for my toys. For anywhere from $30-60 you can get a durable, non-descript bag. Some of them come with pockets, wheels, mesh parts......all just a matter of preference.

Superego

One more vote for a large plastic tub. Right off the boat the mesh bag gets dropped into it so there's no saltwater mess in the trunk. Two tanks fit well into the lid that's laid beside it and don't roll about.

An additional benefit is that it doubles as a rinse tub when you get home.

Marc :jester:

It's in Mares' 2000 catalog, not sure they still have it. "Large watertight bag, made of Maizil, a black, glossy, highly resistant 1100 Denier nylon with a double polyurethane coating" (as used on large liftbags). "Designed to hold 220 lbs." That ought to fit your bill. No wheels, so enjoy the workout.
I remember seeing hypalon bags (as used for inflatables), but can't remember the brand. Deep Outdoors also has a large divebag, the Proud Mary with over 8500 cu.ft. volume. That one has 4 wheels, two at each end, so you can ride it down the pier .... :D

I'm extremely happy with my Adventure Roller duffel from LL Bean. It's everything you'd want in a dive bag (i.e. big, wheeled with a tobaggon bottom, waterproof, apparently indestructible), plus it looks cool and doesn't advertise that it contains scuba gear. I use a tub anytime I'll be diving primarily out of my truck, but for boats and planes, it's the roller duffel.

For reference, I sat it next to my dad's Mares wheeled duffel. The LL Bean bag was a bit bigger, just as tough, and cooler looking. I think it was also about $10 cheaper; I bought directly from the LL Bean website.

caveseeker7 once bubbled...
Deep Outdoors also has a large divebag, the Proud Mary with over 8500 cu.ft. volume. That one has 4 wheels, two at each end, so you can ride it down the pier .... :D

8500 cu ft volume!? :wacko: Are you sure you got that number quite right? :wink:

Marc :jester:

.... sorry to disappoint ya'll, you can ride on it, not in it. At least not with the family. :wink:

FEATURES:

8,662 cu.in. (overall)
3,465 cu.in. (upper)
4,331 cu.in. (lower)
» Dynatec upper/ Tarpaulin Bottom
» Padded upper and hard shell lower
» Expandable pop top compartment
» Hypalon zipper pulls
» Twin compression straps with SR buckles
» Delrin zippers
» Four in-line skate wheels
» Ballistic wheel reinforcement
» Five runners
» Rubberized haul handles

For all the reasons given so far (wheels, keeps car dry, cheap, doubles for rinsing gear) plus, you can sit on it during your surface interval on beach dives...

and Dee, I may have to go down to Home Depot...

RJ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom