Anyone here that has tried out SUBEA brand by decathlon or has seen its BCD firsthand?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Harshit Bajpai

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, I am looking to buy my first scuba gear Mask + dive computer + BCD + wetsuit and I really underestimated this task considering the price and options available these days.
Mask and Dive computer are pretty much sorted (Scubapro solo + Aqualung 100). For BCD, it gets a little costly in India. However, I found this BCD by Subea Decathlon (Back inflated hybrid BCD). It appears quite a new brand, is exclusively on decathlon and reviews are only present on decathlon and almost all of them appear to be from instructors who received this BCD for promotion from the company. Most of the reviews are very positive and appear to be authentic though.

Wanted to ask if anybody has used them here or has seen someone using them during their dive trips and their impression about it?

Link - Scuba Diving Buoyancy Compensator with Back Buoyancy SCD 500 B (decathlon.in)
US Link- Subea SCD500, Wraparound Scuba Diving Buoyancy Compensator | Decathlon

This is a link for a thread previously created but went unanswered - SUBEA / Decathlon BCD jackets | ScubaBoard

Not familiar with the brand but they look like standard generic b/c’s.

Never heard of them

Typical of products like this, a lot of "proprietary" parts and permanently sewn/located components.

I bought only a DSMB, a neoprene PDC cover and a pair of neoprene gloves. Good quality and nothing to complain. I know they are small items, but at least I always had complains with some other neoprene items (unsewn, tears, etc).

Apologies for this but 'yes' for yes, it's a bad thing or yes, it's a good thing?
Please don't start a recursive 'yes' for this.

If you can’t get parts, it’s a bad thing.

I would pick a brand you can get service on in your country and if cost is a factor, just pick the cheapest one. Any basic BC from a reputable, established company is probably going to work decently for warm water diving. Just decide if you want integrated weights or not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom