Anyone have experience with Scubaforce Thenar Dry Gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@kmurray719 used to or still uses them with the sitech replaceable seal system so she can answer more accurately than I can. However, I have seen suits that have the sitech oval and SF glove rings and while it does add extra length, it doesn’t make it impossible to dive.

I have them and like them on one of my suits (my other suit has the Kubi w. ZipSeals). I am guessing that the rings plus sitech system will add some length, but they would work fine.

You need to have extra long seals and it helps if they're also extra thick (I know g force makes them) to use the Thenar system with changeable seals, but it works fine. The extra long seal is because standard length seals just aren't long enough to go through both rings and still seal on your wrist. The extra thick is because if you're not super good about rising your suit (ahem*me*ahem) sand and grit can get stuck between the rings and eventually rub a hole in the seal. You also want to make sure that you put the Thenar ring flush with the si-tech ring and don't leave space between them. If the dry glove ring isn't flush it can be REALLY hard to get the gloves off after diving because instead of the glove coming off the seal just stretches out and wiggles around. Having both rings does add some bulk, but with the changeable seals I was able to just swap for seals without the Thenar rings when I wasn't using them so they weren't in the way when I didn't want to use them.

I currently have the Thenar system on a suit with attached seals, and find it easier to get the dry gloves on and off by myself than when they were on the suit with the changeable seals and it's definitely less bulk and more streamlined. But having both rings is also definitely better than not having dry gloves!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom