Webbed dry gloves, or another solution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leglessmatt

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have no use of my legs, in fact they have both wondered off and I can't find them anywhere.

When diving (mainly Egypt, but a few in the UK), I use generic (ebay) silicone webbed gloves, but I'm looking for a 'warmer' solution for the UK.

We recently had a dive 'show' in the UK and I got measured up for Kubi dry gloves for my drysuit (o'three RI2-100).

I wondered if anyone knows of any webbed gloves that would fit over a Kubi dryglove, or a glove that would work with the push fit, double o-ring Kubi system?

I guess there are people that could make a custom glove, but has anyone got any experience of this?

Cheers,
Matt :)

Perhaps mittens as a start? I think Andy Goring out of Sump UK found either a one or two finger mitten (e.g thumb + 4 or thumb + 2 + 2) that would fit into the Kubi system.

Id make a plaster mold of my hand. Form kydex over it, leaving a flat flange. Bolt that to a sheet of carbon fiber cut to a fin shape.

Id make a plaster mold of my hand. Form kydex over it, leaving a flat flange. Bolt that to a sheet of carbon fiber cut to a fin shape.

I like this idea but I would think just kydex or CF that could Velcro to the palm side of your wrist and be able to fold down out of the way in the event you need to use your hands might be better safety-wise.

Regular dry gloves plus that should work.

I suppose you could make it wrap aroumd the forarm with plenty of padding, with a handle on the end.

This guy has something. But I think its possible to do better:

freedom-for-disabled-divers.jpeg.jpg

How about "hand paddles" for whitewater kayaking:

1680599354096.png

-Z

Back
Top Bottom