Wet Glove Liners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RobPNW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I haven't started dry suit diving yet, except for a training class. In cold water, I have a pair of polyolefin socks that act as wet boot liners. They add a little thermal protection plus they make donning the boots easier and reduce risk of chaffing etc. They're also part of an overlapping layering concept. I put on my skin, then the socks over the skin, then the wetsuit over the socks, and finally, the boots over the wetsuit. It seems to work well for heat retention and minimizing water ingress and egress.

I'm looking for glove liners that would do the same at my wrist seals. The only ones I have seen are the lycra gloves, which accomplish some of the goals but offer zero thermal protection. Anyone know of any thin, flexible glove liners that would fit under wet gloves and also offer something in the way of thermal protection?

If someone made polyolefin glove liners, similar to the socks, it would be perfect but I have never seen such a product.

Most dryglove systems come with rings so you can attach them yourself to your seals.

I like rolock personally

There are some dry glove systems that will work with wetsuits. I presume from the title you are looking for something that will work with a wetsuit? They are gloves with wrist seals. Since you can't add air to them, they are somewhat depth limited. How deep? Depends, What liner, how much air you put in, comfort level...

The XS Scuba Dry 5 wet gloves have an inner seal. A buddy uses them for both wet and drysuit diving. He says his hands stay quite warm, even in low 40s water. Might be something to check out.

Fairdinkum, I've had some Scubapro the same style with the liner for wet and dry for 25 years
But haven't dived them much obviously, nice and warm and you still have some dexterity left

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom