Anyone had an entire set of dive gear stolen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Henry

Contributor
Reaction score
North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
# of dives
Complete highend Scuba Gear

This ad does NOT look right to me. No diver that I know of would ever sell an entire set of gear, including tanks, drysuit, regs etc for $500.00, no matter what their situation is.

1. Please be morally responsible and don't run out and buy this.
2. If you know someone who had an entire set of gear stolen out of a car or home, please let them know or inform the police.

Thanks.
Henry

Why would you assume it;s stolen. If it was bought 4 years ago the 5000 is a lie anyway. The HUB might be worth 200, the 2 ALUMINUM tanks that are near or out of hydro 75 each and the drysuit another 2 or 300. Not knowing what computer it is it could be 100 bucks. New he has there a total or say 400 for the computer, 800 for the HUB, 300 for the tanks, and say 1000 for the drysuit. Does not add up to 5000

Why would you assume it;s stolen. If it was bought 4 years ago the 5000 is a lie anyway. The HUB might be worth 200, the 2 ALUMINUM tanks that are near or out of hydro 75 each and the drysuit another 2 or 300. Not knowing what computer it is it could be 100 bucks. New he has there a total or say 400 for the computer, 800 for the HUB, 300 for the tanks, and say 1000 for the drysuit. Does not add up to 5000

Jim,
Have you ever met a certified open water diver refer to their first and second stage as a "hub"?

The dollar value is in Canadian and the value would be reflective of how much tanks, drysuits, regulators and computers are selling for here in Vancouver. If you don't live in Vancouver and don't understand just how much break and enter happens locally here due to our drug trade and street people situation, I would ask you to kindly refrain from assuming that I am wrong.

BTW, I own a dive shop, hence I am quite comfortable in saying that the value of that dive package can easily be $5,000 including 12% tax in our own local community.

1 US$= Canadian$1.0178. HK$ might work.

Four years ago today (when the person purports to have purchased their kit), 1 US$ = $1.1379 CAD. Our currency isn't pegged to the USD, and can vary a lot. But that's neither here nor there.

Stuff is expensive in Canada and Vancouver, especially when you add %12 tax to the already high prices...

Jim,
Have you ever met a certified open water diver refer to their first and second stage as a "hub"?

The dollar value is in Canadian and the value would be reflective of how much tanks, drysuits, regulators and computers are selling for here in Vancouver. If you don't live in Vancouver and don't understand just how much break and enter happens locally here due to our drug trade and street people situation, I would ask you to kindly refrain from assuming that I am wrong.

BTW, I own a dive shop, hence I am quite comfortable in saying that the value of that dive package can easily be $5,000 including 12% tax in our own local community.]QUOTE]

How is it that you did not know what a HUB was? Must not be a MARES dealer. And anyone that would pay that for that package even with 12% tax is a fool or getting screwed royally! No wonder your fellow Canucks shop Leisure Pro!

Back
Top Bottom