Anyone going to the Florida Dive Show?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubagirlfl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, will Scubaboard be there this year? I don't see them on the list of vendors. Anyone else going? I'm on the fence about it because it's a 2 1/2 hour drive and I'm not so sure it's going to be worth it, the website kinda stinks (uninspiring). I haven't heard much or any buzz on this forum about it. I usually :love2: to attend any Scuba events going on in Florida.
:confused:

I went last year and it was a pretty good show. I do not plan to attend this year, I am headed to Ginnie Springs to dive with some friends this weekend.
If you go, please post and let me know how it was. I just cant be in two places at the same time.

I went last year and it was a pretty good show. I do not plan to attend this year, I am headed to Ginnie Springs to dive with some friends this weekend.
If you go, please post and let me know how it was. I just cant be in two places at the same time.

You going to the NACD meeting?? I will be there cooking. And diving on Sunday:D

For the amount of Divers in FLorida and $$ in the market the show is really lame.

I went today close to opening time. I was kind of dissappointed in the small number of exhibitors. The good part about going on the first day is that the exhibitors have lots of freebies to give out. We were in and out in 2 hours, and that's only because we met so many divers we hadn't seen in a while, and stopped to chat. Check out Oxycheq's new ultra lite BP setup, it was the coolest part of the show, of course, my wife won't let me buy any more gear.
Scubaboard had a booth, and we got to meet Netdoc in person. He bears a surprising resemblance to his avatar. Lots of fun
DMDoogie

You going to the NACD meeting?? I will be there cooking. And diving on Sunday:D

Im not a member of the NACD but my buddies wife was the lead singer in the band at the other pavilion. I was there but not a part of their meeting or dinner. We did venture over to talk to the guys cooking. Were you the dark haired guy with the trailer managing the fryers?
I was with the balding guy talking about his upcoming turkey fry.
I did see the SB sticker on your truck!
Wish I had seen this message before now. I would have introduced myself. Maybe next time.
Are you going to the Venice Turkey Fry?
Why not dive on Saturday? Too much of the 3 kegs!!???

Last edited:
Bryan and I went. It was not that great of a show. I was also really disapointed in the amount of exhibitors. We were in and out in about 45 minutes and we even stopped and ate a cheese steak while we were there.

Im not a member of the NACD but my buddies wife was the lead singer in the band at the other pavilion. I was there but not a part of their meeting or dinner. We did venture over to talk to the guys cooking. Were you the dark haired guy with the trailer managing the fryers?
I was with the balding guy talking about his upcoming turkey fry.
I did see the SB sticker on your truck!
Wish I had seen this message before now. I would have introduced myself. Maybe next time.
Are you going to the Venice Turkey Fry?
Why not dive on Saturday? Too much of the 3 kegs!!???

I did talk to you I was the Red headed guy. With the ScubaPro hat on. Did dive Saturday but not in the caves we got called out to go dive at 40 Fathoms for the missing diver. Not the weekend I hoped for.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom