Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JamesBon92007

Contributor
Reaction score
Southern California...too far from the ocean
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I was searching for a band clamp for my new-to-me DAAM and found one at this emarplusk site for about $14. That sounded good. Then I found a J-valve rod for about $9. That sounded good too. Then I found a dive computer at a price that is too good to be true. I was just trying to qualify for "free shipping" so I was looking around. To me it seems odd that a scam web site would be selling such things as parts for vintage scuba gear, but I guess you never know. All I could find out was they are based in Texas and the web site domain name is 16 days old.

Needless to say I won't be ordering from them unless someone has actually bought something from them and received it.

Thanks.

I bought a Ultima Dry glove set a while back from a website just like that....it was too good to be true and I knew it, but I tried it anyway. Thankfully I paid through PayPal and 3 weeks later they refunded me no issues.

Even if I find it cheaper, I try to throw the business towards VDH or the scuba museum.... I figure a lot of these parts wouldn't be available if they hadn't put in the work and capital.
Respectfully
James

Even if I find it cheaper, I try to throw the business towards VDH or the scuba museum.... I figure a lot of these parts wouldn't be available if they hadn't put in the work and capital.
Respectfully
James

Absolutely, but the main difference is that I would pay $9 for a j-valve rod but would continue do without if it costs too much :wink:

I'm still waiting for the web site to be shut down. Meanwhile, if anyone wants to buy a brand new Shearwater Perdix for $99 or the Brooklyn Bridge.... :wink:

I'll take the Brooklyn Bridge!
Always thought that if I charged toll in both directions I'd have a lot more money for diving.
No need for a Perdix that can't tell you what your actual PO2 on all 3 sensors is, no matter how cheap.
Of course If they offered analog Petrel II EXTs for USD150:clapping:

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom